Application of recombination chambers for determination of neutron ambient dose equivalent at the door to the maze of linear accelerator vault
Languages of publication
Recombination chambers and 2202D Studsvik-Alnor reference remmeter were used for determination of ambient dose equivalent, H*(10) and its neutron and gamma components at the door to the maze of 15 MV medical accelerator. The measurements were performed at opened and partly closed door. The results showed that the ambient dose equivalent rate was 76.2 μSv h-1 at the opened door and only 2.7 μSv h-1 at slightly opened door, 2.5 m from the entrance to the maze.
1 - 1 - 2011
20 - 3 - 2012
- Golnik N. Recombination methods in the dosimetry of mixed radiation. Swierk (PL): Institute of Atomic Energy, Report No IAE -20/A.
- Golnik N., Tulik P., Bulski W. RADEM - recombination ambient dose equivalent meter for neutron dosimetry around medical accelerators. IFMBE Proceedings. 2009; 25/3: 484-486.[Crossref]
- Králik M, Turek K. Characterisation of neutron fields around high-energy X-ray radiotherapy machines. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 2004; 110(1-4): 503-507.
- Thomas DJ, Bardell AG, Macaulay EM. Characterisation of a gold foil-based Bonner sphere set and measurements of neutron spectra at a medical accelerator. Nucl Instr. Meth. in Phys. Res A. 2002; 476: 31-35.
- Zanini A, Durisi E, Fasolo F, Visca L, Ongaro C, Nastasi U, et al. Neutron spectra in a tissue equivalent phantom during photon radiotherapy treatment by Linacs. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 2004; 110(1-4): 157-160.
- Zielczynski M, Golnik N. Recombination index of radiation quality - measuring and applications. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 1994; 52(1-4): 419-422.
Publication order reference