Cholecystitis caused by hemocholecyst: An unusual complication of Hemophilia A
Languages of publication
Hemocholecyst is a rare disorder that has been reported in patients with gallstones. Previous reports describe cholecystitis resulting from hemocholecyst after iatrogenic trauma. We report the first case of acute cholecystitis secondary to hemocholecyst in a patient with Hemophilia A.
1 - 12 - 2007
1 - 12 - 2007
-  J. Ku, J. DeLaRosa, J. Kang, D. Hoyt and R. Coimbra: “Acute cholecystitis with a hemocholecyst as an unusual presentation of gallbladder cancer: report of a case”, Surg Today, Vol. 34, (2004), pp. 973–976. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00595-004-2840-3[Crossref]
-  C.P. Heise, M. Giswold, D. Eckhoff and M. Reichelderfer: “Cholecystitis caused by hemocholecyst from underlying malignancy”, Am J Gastroenterol., Vol. 95(3), (2000), pp. 805–808. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1572-0241.2000.01865.x[Crossref]
-  T. Yamamoto, S. Kubo, K. Hirohashi, S. Tanaka, T. Uenishi, M. Ogawa, K. Sakabe, S. Hai, S. Yamamoto, T. Shuto, H. Tanaka and H. Kinoshita: “Secondary hemocholecyst after radiofrequency ablation therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma”, J Gastroenterol., Vol. 38, (2003), pp. 399–403. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s005350300071[Crossref]
-  D.A. Winters and D.C. Smith: “Cholecystojejunostomy complicated by massive hemocholecyst”, Radiology, Vol. 144, (1982), pp. 265–266.
-  K.M. Ramadan, J.P. Lowry, A. Wilkinson, O. McNulty, M.F. McMullin and F.G. Jones: “Acute intestinal obstruction due to intramural haemorrhage in small intestine in a patient with severe haemophilia A and inhibitor”, Eur J Haematol., Vol. 75, (2005), pp. 164–166. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0609.2005.00445.x[Crossref]
-  T.J. Fitzpatrick: “Hemocholecyst: a neglected cause of gastrointestinal hemorrhage”, Ann Intern Med., Vol. 55, (1961), pp. 1008–1013.
Publication order reference