Environmental performance indicators used in the EMAS system on the example of Czestochowa Municipal Company
Languages of publication
The subject of consideration of the following study are environmental performance indicators used in the Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) as a tool for assessing the organization's environmental performance. EMAS is an element of environmental management in organizations, is based on European Union guidelines and regulations, about on the voluntary participation of the organisation in the Eco-Management and Audit System. The following considerations concern the comparative analysis of environmental performance indicators in 2012-2015 at the Czestochowa Municipal Company in order to assess the development of environmental performance of the organization.
-  Stead, Jean Garner, and Edward Stead. Eco-enterprise strategy: standing for sustainability. Journal of Business Ethics 24.4 (2000): 313-329.
-  Giddings, Bob, Bill Hopwood, and Geoff O'brien. Environment, economy and society: fitting them together into sustainable development. Sustainable development 10.4 (2002): 187-196.
-  Balan, George, and Larisa Dragolea. Implementation of environmental management systems-ISO 14001 or EMAS. Academic Research International 4.3 (2013): 287.
-  Robèrt, Karl-Henrik. Tools and concepts for sustainable development, how do they relate to a general framework for sustainable development, and to each other? Journal of cleaner production 8.3 (2000): 243-254.
-  Pachura, Piotr, and Agnieszka Ociepa-Kubicka. Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) functioning on the example of the Water Supply and Sewerage Joint Stock Company of the Czestochowa District. Polish Journal of Management Studies 10 (2014).
-  Iraldo, Fabio, Francesco Testa, and Marco Frey. Is an environmental management system able to influence environmental and competitive performance? The case of the eco-management and audit scheme (EMAS) in the European Union. Journal of Cleaner Production 17.16 (2009): 1444-1452.
-  De Oliveira, Otavio Jose, José Roberto Serra, and Manoel Henrique Salgado. Does ISO 14001 work in Brazil? Journal of Cleaner Production 18.18 (2010): 1797-1806.
-  Franchetti, Matthew. ISO 14001 and solid waste generation rates in US manufacturing organizations: an analysis of relationship. Journal of Cleaner Production 19.9-10 (2011): 1104-1109.
-  Wätzold, Frank, et al. EMAS and regulatory relief in Europe: lessons from national experience. European Environment 11.1 (2001): 37-48.
-  Morrow, David, and Dennis Rondinelli. Adopting corporate environmental management systems: Motivations and results of ISO 14001 and EMAS certification. European Management Journal 0.2 (2002): 159-171.
-  Commission Decision of 4 March 2013 establishing the user’s guide setting out the steps needed to participate in EMAS, under Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the voluntary participation by organisations in a Community eco-management and audit scheme (EMAS)
-  Testa, Francesco, et al. EMAS and ISO 14001: the differences in effectively improving environmental performance. Journal of Cleaner Production 68 (2014): 165-173.
-  Olsthoorn, Xander, et al. Environmental indicators for business: a review of the literature and standardisation methods. Journal of Cleaner Production 9.5 (2001): 453-463.
-  Hřebíček, Jiří, Petra Misařová, and Jaroslava Hyršlová. Environmental key performance indicators and corporate reporting. International conference EA-SDI (2007): 147-155.
-  European Parliament and Council Resolution (EC) No. 1221/2009 of 25 November 2009 on the voluntary participation of the organisation in the Eco-Management and Audit System (EMAS), invalidating the resolution (EC) No. 761/2001 and Committee's decisions 2001/681/WE and 2006/193/EC.
-  Peris-Mora, E., et al. Development of a system of indicators for sustainable port management. Marine Pollution Bulletin 50.12 (2005): 1649-1660.
-  EMAS Environmental Declaration of the Częstochowa Municipal Company Ltd. based in Sobuczyna edition VII, 2014.
-  EMAS Environmental Declaration of the Częstochowa Municipal Company Ltd. based in Sobuczyna edition VIII, 2015.
-  EMAS Environmental Declaration of the Częstochowa Municipal Company Ltd. based in Sobuczyna edition IX, 2016.
Publication order reference