The essence and importance of the tourism market. Case of Uzbekistan
Languages of publication
The paper objectives to investigate the status and growth of tourism in Central Asian countries using the sample of Uzbekistan tourism industry with superior reference to country’s tourism infrastructure sectors. Tourism market is considered as a major feature of development. On this case, present essential interest and potential for Uzbekistan is believed as a high one. This article makes an overview of the current status of tourism industry with the aim of finding out the strategy for developing a program that enhances the strengths of tourism services and products as whole. The results serve to point out key trends and gaps in which to focus future research on this topic and they might be useful in formulating public policies and strategies for tourism industry development.
-  Anthony, D. L., Appari, A., & Johnson, M. E. (2014). Policy brief. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 55(1), 107.
-  Akhoondnejad, A. (2016). Tourist loyalty to a local cultural event: The case of Turkmen handicrafts festival. Tourism Management, 52, 468-477.
-  Akimov, A., & Dollery, B. (2009). Financial development policies in Uzbekistan: an analysis of achievements and failures. Economic Change and Restructuring, 42(4), 293-318.
-  Alegre, J., & Garau, J. (2010). Tourist satisfaction and Dissatisfaction. Annals of Tourism Research, 37(1), 52-73. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2009.07.001
-  Bakhtishodovich, B. S., Khamodov, O., Mamayunusovich, P. O., Ramos-Ramos, S., Bobirshoyevich, M. S. & Mukhamadaminovich B. N. (2015). The role of social media, user generated platforms and crowd sourcing in the development of tourism destinations. Journal of Hospitality Management and Tourism, 6(4), 30-38.
-  Binkhorst, E., & Den Dekker, T. (2009). Agenda for Co-Creation Tourism Experience Research. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 18(2-3), 311-327. https://doi.org/10.1080/19368620802594193
-  Coulibaly, S., Deichmann, U., Dillinger, W. R., Ionescu-Heroiu, M., Kessides, I. N., Kunaka, C., & Saslavsky, D. (2012). Eurasian Cities: New Realities along the Silk Road. World Bank Publications.
-  Cracolici, M. F., & Nijkamp, P. (2009). The attractiveness and competitiveness of tourist destinations: A study of Southern Italian regions. Tourism Management, 30(3), 336-344. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2008.07.006
-  Declarations | UNWTO Silk Road Programme. (2014). Retrieved 25 April 2014, from http://silkroad.unwto.org/en/content/declarations
-  Devesa, M., Laguna, M., & Palacios, A. (2010). The role of motivation in visitor satisfaction: Empirical evidence in rural tourism. Tourism Management, 31(4), 547-552. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2009.06.006
-  Fifth International Meeting on the Silk Road. (2014). Retrieved 25 April 2014, from http://silkroad.unwto.org/en/event/fifth-international-meeting-silk-road-samarkand-republic-uzbekistan
-  Getz, D., & Page, S. J. (2016). Event studies: Theory, research and policy for planned events. Routledge.
-  Hjalager, A.-M. (2010). A review of innovation research in tourism. Tourism Management, 31(1), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2009.08.012
-  Hong, W.-C. (2009). Global competitiveness measurement for the tourism sector. Current Issues in Tourism, 12(2), 105-132. https://doi.org/10.1080/13683500802596359
-  Kantarci, K. (2007). Perceptions of foreign investors on the tourism market in central Asia including Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan. Tourism Management, 28(3), 820-829.
-  Kapiki, S. T., & Tarikulov, M. (2014). De elopment Prospects of Uzbekistan’s ourism and Hospitality Industry by Utilizing the EU Experience. In Published in the Proceedin s of the ‘International Conference on ourism ilestones–Preparing for tomorrow’ Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, DOI:10.13140/2.1.4753.1845. (Vol. 10, pp. 4753-1845).
-  Kemal Kantarci, Muzaffer Uysal, & Vincent P. Magnini. (2014). Tourism in Central Asia Cultural Potential and Challenges. Retrieved 24 April 2014, from http://www.appleacademicpress.com/title.php?id=9781771880558
-  Kim, H. J. (2011). Service Orientation, Service Quality, Customer Satisfaction, and Customer Loyalty: Testing a Structural Model. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 20(6), 619-637. https://doi.org/10.1080/19368623.2011.577698
-  Kantarci, K. (2007). Perceptions of foreign investors on the tourism market in central Asia including Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. Tourism Management, 28(3), 820-829.
-  Navruz-Zoda, B., & Ibragimov, N. (2015). Ways of Applying Destination Management Concepts to the Development of Internal Tourism in Uzbekistan. International Tourism and Hospitality in the Digital Age, 172.
-  UNWTO Annual Report 2013. (2014). Retrieved 24 April 2014, from http://www2.unwto.org/publication/unwto-annual-report-2013
-  UNWTO Silk Road Programme. (2013). Retrieved 25 April 2014, from http://silkroad.unwto.org/publication/developing-sustainable-tourism-strategy-silk-roads-heritage-corridors
-  Xu, G. (2013). Tourism and Local Development in China: Case Studies of Guilin, Suzhou and Beidaihe. Routledge.
-  Yearbook of Tourism Statistics. (2014). World Tourism Organization Pubns.
Publication order reference