PRELIMINARY STUDIES ON THE USABLE PROPERTIES OF INNOVATIVE WOUND DRESSINGS
Languages of publication
There is endless and growing demand on a novel and innovative wound dressings, which except basic protective performance accelerate the process of wounds healing and/or replace the patient skin function. The studies on the new wound dressings result from the need of the quick and effective treatment of wounds, such as: having no tendency to heal, posttraumatic wounds, scalding wounds, ulcerations or bedsores. Chitosan is a biopolymer originated from chitin by N-acetylation. Due to the special behavior, such as: biological activity, it is linked to polymers having several and multifunctional applications, especially for designing of medical devices. The aim of the research was to evaluate the comprehensive performance of several kinds of chitosan prototypes of innovative wound dressings made of various usable form of chitosan. The evaluation of mentioned prototypes of wound dressing was carried out using the guidelines from series of PN-EN 13726 Standards harmonized with UE Directive 93/42/EEC and 2007/47/WE for medical devices.
131 - 138
- Institute of Biopolymers and Chemical Fibres ul. M. Skłodowskiej-Curie 19/27, 90-570 Łódź, Poland
- Institute of Security Technologies “MORATEX”
- Institute of Security Technologies ‘MORATEX’
- Institute of Biopolymer and Chemical Fibres
- PN-EN 13726-1:2005 „Test methods for primary wound dressings - Part 1: Aspects of absorbency”.
- PN-EN 13726-2:2005 „Test methods for primary wound dressings - Part 2: Moisture vapour transmission rate of permeable film dressings”.
- PN-EN 13726-3:2005 „Non-active medical devices - Test methods for primary wound dressings - Part 3: Waterproofness”
- PN-EN 13726-4:2005 „Non-active medical devices - Test methods for primary wound dressings - Part 4: Conformability”.
- PN-EN ISO 14971:2009 “Medical devices -- Application of risk management to medical devices”.
- ASTM 1980F:2002 “Standard Guide for Accelerated Aging of Sterile Barrier Systems for Medical Devices”.
Publication order reference