An overview of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in insurance sector with special reference to Reliance Life Insurance
Languages of publication
Last decade has seen a remarkable change and upgrade in the way companies look and invest in corporate social responsibilities that they owe towards the society and the nation as a whole. CSR activities are those efforts undertaken by corporates to give back to the society as a whole from which they earn and become successful. This study aims in finding out how significant CSR activities are in making the customers’ perception towards a company with the overview of customers of Reliance Life Insurance. This study also intends to seek and show how a company can change customers’ perception towards its products and services by widening the scope of their CSR activities. Interview of Human Resource senior Official and 80 other customers were undertaken to complete this study. The findings of the study suggest that there is a significant rise in the business performances and a very positive customer perception towards Reliance Life Insurance through the conduction of CSR activities. Customers being aware are assertively looking forward to deal with companies that are active in CSR actions.
-  Ali Imran, Rehman Kashif Ur, Yilmaz Ayse Kucuk, Jawaria Sajid, Ali Fatima, “Effects of corporate social responsibility on consumer retention in cellular industry of Pakistan”, African Journal of Business Management, 4(4) (2010) 475-485.
-  Ali Syed Irshad, Yousaf Jamil, Ali Imran, Rehman, Kashif Ur, and Zia Maria, “Corporate social responsibility influences, employee commitment and organizational performance”, African Journal of Business Management, 4(12) (2010) 2796-2801.
-  Arora Renu, Garg Richa, “International Journal of Research in Finance & Marketing”, International Journal of Business and Social Science, 2(18) (2013) 126-137.
-  Berad Nilesh R., “Corporate Social Responsibility – Issues and Challenges in India”, International Conference on Technology and Business Management, 1 (2011) 101-108.
-  Chatterjee Debabrata, “Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility: The Case of Three Indian Companies”, International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, 1(5) (2010) 507-510.
-  Chiu Kuang-Hui, Hsu Chien-Lung, “Research on the Connections Between Corporate Social Responsibility And Corporate Image In The Risk Society: Take The Mobile Telecommunication Industry as an Example”, International Journal of Electronic Business Management, 8(3) (2010) 183-194.
-  Hartmann Monika, “Corporate social responsibility in the food sector”, European Review of Agricultural Economics, 38(3) (2011) 297-324.
-  Nabou Roland Be, Tirole Jean; “Individual and Corporate Social Responsibility”, Economica, 77 (2010) 1-19.
-  Wafula Wanyama James, “Corporate Social Responsibility: A Perspective of Kenyan Firms” International Journal of Research in Management, Economics and Commerce, 2(10) (2012) 38-52.
-  Yeung Shirley, “The Role of Banks in Corporate Social Responsibility”, Journal of Applied Economics and Business Research, 1(2) (2011) 103-115.
Publication order reference