Chenodeoxycholic acid: A Physicochemical study
Languages of publication
Some physicochemical properties such as dissociation constant, acoustical parameters and thermal studies of acid are studied in methanol and 1,4-dioxane at 298.15 K. The dissociation constant of Chenodeoxycholic acid is evaluated in binary mixtures (of methanol / 1,4-dioxane + water) by two methods; half-integral and average methods. The acoustical properties have been evaluated from experimental data of density, viscosity and ultrasonic velocity. It is observed that in both the solvents, strong solute-solvent interactions exist. Thermal degradation of Chenodeoxycholic acid is found to be a single step process.
-  Carey MC "Editorial: Cheno and urso: what the goose and the bear have in common". N. Engl. J. Med. 293(24) (1975) 1255-1257.
-  Makishima M, Okamoto AY, Repa JJ, Tu H, Learned RM, Luk A, Hull MV, Lustig KD, Mangelsdorf DJ, Shan B: Identification of a nuclear receptor for bile acids. Science 21; 284 (5418) (1999) 1362-1365.
-  Hofmann AF: The continuing importance of bile acids in liver and intestinal disease. Arch Intern Med. 159(22) (1999) 2647-2658.
-  Bjorkhem I: Inborn errors of metabolism with consequences for bile acid biosynthesis. A mini review. Scand J Gastroenterol Suppl. 204 (1994) 68-72.
-  Azer S A, Coverdale SA, Byth K, Farrell GC, Stacey NH. Sequential changes in serum levels of individual bile acids in patients with chronic chloestatic liver disease. J. Gastro. Hep. 11(3) (1996) 208-215.
-  Ridlick JA, W.B. Bunger, T. Sakano, Origanic Solvents: Physical Properties and Methods of purification, 4th edition John Wiley & Sons Inc., USA (1986).
-  Irving H., Rossotti H S., The calculation of formation curve of metal complexes from pH titration curves in mixed solvents, J. Chem. Soc., 2(3) (1954) 2904.
-  Baluja S, Kulshrestha A and Bhatt M, (2013). Ultrasonic studies of antiprotozoal drug in protic and aprotic solvents at 308.15K”. Latin Am. Appl. Res., In Press.
-  Anderson, D A and Freeman E. S., Kinetics of thermal degradation of polystyrene and polyethylene, J. Poly. Sci., 54 (1961) 253-260.
-  Mishra, A.P.; Tiwari, V.; Singhal, R. and Gautam, S.K.; “Synthesis, characterization, thermal decomposition and kinetic parameters of Ni (II) and Cu(II) terephthalate-8Hg complexes.” Ind. J. Chem. 41A(10) (2002) 2092-2095.
Publication order reference