Neural Network based control of Robot Manipulator
Languages of publication
This article proposes an RBFNN (Radial Basis Function Neural Network) and sliding mode based controller to manipulate the robot manipulator. The technique used has been based on a sliding mode control approach that can drive the system towards a sliding surface by Gaussian radial basis function neural network based tuned-controller.
-  Rumelhart D, Hinton D, Williams G. Learning internal representations by error propagation. In Parallel Distributed Processing, Rumelhart D, McClelland F (eds), vol. 1. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1986.
-  Yu XH, Efe MO, Kaynak O. A general backpropagation algorithm for feedforward neural networks learning. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks 2002; 13(1): 251–254
-  Efe MO, Kaynak O. Stabilizing and robustifying the learning mechanisms of artificial neural networks in control engineering applications. International Journal of Intelligent Systems 2000; 15(5): 365–388
-  Ge SS, Hang CC, Lee TH, Zhang T. Stable Adaptive Neural Network Control. Kluwer: Boston, 2001.
-  Lewis FL, Ge SS. Neural Networks in Feedback Control Systems. Mechanical Engineer’s Handbook. Wiley: New York, 2005.
-  Kosmatopoulos EB, Polycarpou MM, Christodoulou MA, Ioannou PA. High-order neural network structures for identification of dynamical systems. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks 1995; 6(2):431–442
-  Suykens JAK, Vandewalle J, De Moor B. Lur’e systems with multilayer perceptron and recurrent neural networks; absolute stability and dissipativity. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 1999; 44: 770–774
-  Yu W, Poznyak AS, Li X. Multilayer dynamic neural networks for nonlinear system on-line identification. International Journal of Control 2001; 74(18): 1858–1864.
-  Sira-Ramirez H, Colina-Morles E. A sliding mode strategy for adaptive learning in Adalines. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Fundamental Theory and Applications 1995; 42(12): 1001–1012
-  Yu X, Zhihong M, Rahman SMM. Adaptive sliding mode approach for learning in a feedforward neural network. Neural Computing and Applications 1998; 7: 289–294
-  Parma GG, Menezes BR, Braga AP. Sliding mode algorithm for training multilayer artificial neural networks. Electronics Letters 1998; 34(1): 97–98
-  Topalov AV, Kaynak O. Neural network modeling and control of cement mills using a variable structure systems theory based on-line learning mechanism. Journal of Process Control 2007; 14: 581–589
-  Shakev NG, Topalov AV, Kaynak O. Sliding mode algorithm for on-line learning in analog multilayer feedforward neural networks. In Artificial Neural Networks and Neural Information Processing, Kaynak et al. (eds), Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer: Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, 2008; 1064–1072.
-  Utkin VI. Sliding Modes in Control and Optimization. Springer: Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, 1992.
-  Sun, T. Y.; Hsieh, S. T. & Lin, C. W. (2005). Particle Swarm Optimization Incorporated with Disturbance for Improving the Efficiency of Macrocell Overlap Removal and Placement. Proceeding of The 2005 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 122-125
-  Yunfei, B. & Zhang, L. (2007). Genetic algorithm based self-growing training for RBF neural Network, IEEE Neural Networks, Vol. 1, pp. 840-845
-  Efe MO, Kaynak O, Yu X. Sliding mode control of three degrees of freedom anthropoid robot by driving the controller parameters to an equivalent regime. Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control (ASME) 2010; 122: 632–640
-  Topalov AV, Kaynak O. On-line learning in adaptive neurocontrol schemes with a sliding mode algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part B 2011; 31(3): 445–450
Publication order reference