Performance Measure of a New One-Step Numerical Technique via Interpolating Function for the Solution of Initial Value Problem of First Order Differential Equation
Languages of publication
This paper presents the development of a new one-step numerical technique for the solution of initial value problems of first order differential equations by means of the interpolating function. The interpolating function used in this paper consists of both polynomial and exponential functions. Numerical experiments were performed to determine the efficiency and robustness of the scheme. The results show that the scheme is computationally efficient, robust and compares favourably with exact solutions.
-  Areo, E.A., Ademiluyi, R.A. and Babatola, P.O., (2011). Three steps hybrid linear multistep method for the solution of first-order initial value problems in ordinary differential equations, Journal of Mathematical Physics, 19, 261-266.
-  Awoyemi, D.O., Ademiluyi, R.A. and Amuseghan, E., (2007). Off-grids exploitation in the development of more accurate method for the solution of ODEs, Journal of Mathematical Physics, 12, 379-386.
-  Ayinde S.O., Ibijola E. A., (2015). A new numerical method for solving first order differential equations. American Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, 3, 156-160.
-  Butcher, J.C., Numerical Methods for Ordinary Differential Equation, West Sussex: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2003.
-  Fadugba, S.E. and Falodun, B.O., (2017). Development of a new one-step scheme for the solution of initial value problem (IVP) in ordinary differential equations. International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mathematics, 3, 58-63.
-  Fatunla, S.O., (1976), A new algorithm for the numerical solution of ODEs. Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 2, 247-253.
-  Ibijola, E.A., Skwame, Y. and Kumleng, G., (2011). Formulation of hybrid method of higher step-sizes through the continuous multistep collocation, American Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, 2, 161-173.
-  Kama, P. and Ibijola, E.A., (2000). On a new one – step Method for numerical integration of ordinary differential equations, International Journal of Computer Mathematics, 78, 21-29.
-  Lambert, J.D., Numerical methods for ordinary differential systems: the initial value problem. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1991.
-  Zarina, B.I., Mohammed, S., Kharil, I. and Zanariah, M., Block method for generalized multistep Adams method and backward differentiation formula in solving first-order ODEs, Mathematika, 2005.
Publication order reference