Investigate the effectiveness of psychological treatment on the life quality and coping styles of Shishe abusers, based on the matrix model
Languages of publication
The current research was aimed to investigate the effectiveness of psychological treatment on the life quality and coping styles of Shishe abusers, based on the matrix model. The current study was semi-experimental. The statistical population of this research consisted of Shishe abusers in the city of Rasht. The research sample included 20 people who were selected through in access method and were randomly divided into two experimental and control groups. The World Health Organization's Life Quality Scale and Parker and Andler's Coping Styles Scale were administered to both groups in form of pretest and posttest. Findings: Findings revealed that participants' scores in therapeutic sessions were significantly higher compared to those in the control group in regard to subscales of problem oriented and emotion oriented coping styles. Also, in relation to life quality subscales, it was determined that experimental group scores in subscales of interpersonal relations, physical health and life requirements were significantly higher than those in the control group. It appears that a psychological therapy, based on a matrix model, cam cause to promote peoples' life quality level and thus offer more effective techniques for coping with negative stresses and emotions.
-  Amiri Baramkoohi, A. (2010). Training of life skills for reducing depression, Developmental psychology periodical, (Iranian psychologists), 5(20): 297-306.
-  Beigi, A. (2010). Exploring relation of life quality, hopefulness and coping styles on anonymous addicts and addicted under methadone treatment, M.A. thesis, Tarbyat Moalem University.
-  Botvin, G. J., & Griffin, K. W. (2004). Life skills training: empirical findings and future directions. The Journal of Primary Prevention, 25: 211-232.
-  Botvin, G.J., Kantor, L.W. (2007). Preventing alcohol and tobacco use through life skill training. Journal of Alcohol Research & Health. 24(4): 8-25.
-  Chen, G. (2006). Social support, spiritual program, and addiction recovery. International Journal of offender therapy and comparative criminology, 50: 306-320.
-  Darvish Nia, Azade (2012). Efficacy of treatment on Matrix model on depression and attitudes to shishe abusers in Tehran, M.A. thesis, Islamic Azad University, Tankabon Branch.
-  Endler, N. D., & Parker, J. D. A. (1990). Multidimensional assessment of coping:A critical evaluation. Journal of personality and social psychology, 58(5): 844-854.
-  Farahani, MT., Mohamad Khani, Sh. & Jokar, F. (2010). Relationship between life satisfaction and life quality and subjective mental being among Tehran's teachers, Research quarterly of psychological health, 3(1); 45-58.
-  Islamdoost, S. (2010). Addiction, (Treatment etiology), Tehran: Payame Noor publication.
-  Jafari, F., Taheri Nakhost, HR & Guilani Pur, M. (2012). Manual and practices of the client in outpatient therapy of stimulants consumption disorder base on the Matrix Model. Tehran: Sepid Barg Publication.
-  John, M. Roll, Richard. A, Rawson. (2009). Methamphetamine Addiction From Basic Science to Treatment. The Guilford Press.
-  Kamarzarrin, H., Zare, H., & Brookimilan, H. (2012). The efficacy of behavioral cognitive treatment on increasing self efficiency and improving addiction signs among the patients dependant on substances. Journal of addiction research. 6(22): 75-85.
-  Kamarzarrin, H., Khaledian, M., Shooshtari, M., & Ahmadimehr, Z. (2013). A Study on efficiency of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on increasing Self- Efficacy and improving addiction symptom among Drug Dependency Patients. Technical Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 3(13): 1297-1304.
-  Khabbaz, M., Behjati, Zahra &Naseri, M. (2011). Relationship of social support and coping styles wit tolerance among boys and girls, Applied psychology quarterly, 5(4): 20-32.
-  Khadivi, R., Moezi, M. &Shakeri, M. &Borjian, MT. (2005). Impacts of training of life skills in the area of preventing from attempts to suicide among women in the city of Ardabil, Scientific journal of Ilam's Medical Sciences University, 13(1): 13-20.
-  Lazarus, R., & Folkman, S. (1984). Stress, appraisal and coping. Springer Publishing: New York.
-  Maremmani, I., Pani, P. P., Pacini, M., Perugi, G. (2007). Substance use and quality of life over 12 mounth among buprenorphin maintenance-treated and methadone maintenance-treated heroin addicted patients. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 33: 41-48.
-  Mozafar, H., Zekariaee, M., & Sabeti, M. (2009). Cultural anomie and drug abuse among young people aged 13 -28 in Tehran. Social Science Research Journal, 3(4): 33-54.
-  Rawson, A. A. (2002). A comparison of contingency management & cognitive behavioral approaches during methadone maintenance treatment for cocaine dependence. Archives of General Psychiatry, 59: 817-824.
-  Rawson, R. A. (2014). Person Centered Care: A Key Concept in Treatment for ATS Users. The 8th International congress on addiction science. Tehran, Iran - Razi Hall.
-  Robinson, P. F. (2008). Measurement of quality of life. Journal of Association Nurses in AIDS Care, 15: 14-19.
-  Tajeri, B, Ahadi, H. & Jamhari, F. (2011). Examining the impacts of cognitive behavioral therapy on abstention, obsession, recurrence and change of attitudes in addicts to shishe, Clinical psychology quarterly, 7(2): 25-36.
-  Tajeri, B. (2012). Addiction; etiology and treatment, (1st ed.). Tehran: Andishe Now publication.
-  Taylor, J. L., Smith, P., Babyak, M., Barbour, K., Hoffman, B., & Sebring, D. (2008). Coping and quality of life in patients awaitening lung transplantation. Journal of psychosomatic Research. 65: 71-79.
-  Wenzel, V., Weichold, K. & Silbereisen, R. K. (2007). The life skills program IPSY: mediators of effectiveness. Poster presented at the 13th European Conference on Developmental Psychology, September, Jena, Germany.
-  Wenzel, V., Weichold, K. & Silbereisen, R. K. (2009). The life skills program ISPY: Positive influences on scholl bonding and prevention of substance misuse. Journal of adolescence, 32: 1391-1401.
-  Yousefi, N., & Khaledian, M. (2012). Examining the personal factors, family and environmental factors and then peoples' inclination to addiction. Journal of crime prevention studies 7(25): 77-94.
Publication order reference