What Indians Think About Paytm
Languages of publication
The Indian economy is an economy which was traditionally based on cash transactions. However, after the midnight of November 8, 2016, India moved towards cashless transactions. The present study deals with Indian consumer’s perception towards mobile wallet app Paytm. For this common people from India belonging to major cities were requested to participate in this study. The field work of the study was conducted during January to February, 2018. The Paytm app has both pros and cons among common respondents. One group of consumers opined that the Paytm app is both easy to use and wallet free. The other group felt Paytm app had connectivity issues i.e., it cannot be connected without internet facility. To overcome these cons and increase the pros of Paytm app, the app can be improvised to work without internet. This will pave way towards making digital India a reality.
-  Sant Kumar, Rajni Jain, Abimanyu Jhajhria, S.V. Bangaraju and S.J. Balaji, Has demonetization triggered farmers to move towards cashless transactions? Indian Journal Of Agricultural Research, 52 (2018), 305-309.
-  Gupta, S. The Mobile Banking and Payment Revoluation. The European Review, (2013) 12-23.
-  Hair, J. B. Multivariate Data Analysis. New Jersey: Pearson University Press. (2006).
-  Jao Porto de Albuqerque, E. H., Mobile Payments: A Scoping study of the literature and issues for future research. Information Development, (2014), 1-27.
-  Anupam Singh, P. V., Consumer Psychology towards Corporate Social Initiatives: An Empirical Investigation. Prabhandhan: Indian Journal of Management, (2016), 32-42.
-  Deepal Joshi, S. A. A Study of Trends in B2C Online Buying in India. Indian Journal of Marketing, (2015), 22-35.
-  Garima Srivastav, A. M. Impact of Internet Banking on Customer Satisfaction in Private and Public Sector Banks. Indian Journal of Marketing, (2016), 36-49.
-  Gupta, S. The Mobile Banking and Payment Revoluation. The European Review, (2013), 12-23.
-  Hair, J. B., Multivariate Data Analysis. New Jersey: Pearson University Press.(2006)
-  Jao Porto de Albuqerque, E. H., Mobile Payments: A Scoping study of the literature and issues for future research. Information Development, (2014) 1-27.
-  Trutsch, T., The Impact of mobile payment on payment choice, Financ Mark Portf Manag 30 (2016) 299-336.
-  Kalyani, P. An Emperical Study about the awreness of paperless e- currency transaction like e wallet using ICT in youth of India. Journal of Management Engineering and Information Technology, (2016) 45-56.
-  Karminder Ghuman, C. S. Recharging : The Right Way ?? A Case study on e- payments giants: Free charge & Paytm. IOSR Journal of Business Management, (2016) 45-56.
-  Madhu Chauhan, I. S. Future of e-Wallets: A Perspective From Under Graduates. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, (2017) 146-150.
-  Manikandan, S., & Jayakodi, J. M. An empirical study on consumer adoption of mobile wallet with special reference to Chennai city. International Journal of Research - Granthalaya, 5 (2017) 107-115.
-  Nazimsha S, M. R. A Study on Paytm Services in promoting Cashless economy after demonitization in India and an outline on its support towards Making India Digital. International Journal of Pure Applied Mathametics, (2018) 263-278.
-  Patel, V. Use of Mobile Wallet Service by the Youth : A Study Based in Ahmedabad. ASBM Journal of Management, (2016) 50-62.
-  PitrodaS, D. M. The March of Mobile Money - The Future of Life Style Management. The Mobile Wallet, (2010) 127-155.
-  Jayadatta, A Study on Digital Wallets and Mobile Payments, Int. J. Mgmt Res. & Bus. Strat. 2 (2016), 83-101.
-  S. Md. Shakir Ali, M. W. (2017). Digital Payments for rural India - Challenges and Oppurtunities. International Journal of Management and Applied Science, (2017) 35-40.
-  Venkatesan, Usage of Paytm – A Study in Madurai city, Bodhi International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Science, 2 (2018) 141-144.
-  Upendra Nath Shukla, An Empirical Study on Future of Mobile - Wallets in India : A Gateway for Cashless Payments, Arthshastra: Indian journal of Economics & Research, 6 (2017) 51-62.
-  Sriram Peri. Factor Analysis - KMO-Bartlett's Test & Rotated Component Matrix. Business Anlytics (2012) 1.
-  Deepa Joshi & Sapna Parihar, Digitalization & Customer Perception towards the Banking Services, aWEshkar, A Peer Reviewed Research Journal 23 (2017) 133-142
-  Tabachnick, B. A. Using Multivariate Statistics. Boston MA: Pearson Education Inc (2007).
-  Urvashi Makkar, V. D. Consumer Perception towards Different Media Options: An Empirical Study of Rural V/s Urban Perspective. Indian Journal of Marketing, (2010) 43-51.
-  Vidya shree DV, Yamuna N and Nithya Shree G. A Study on New Dynamics in Digital Payment System with special reference to Paytm and Pay U Money. International Journal of Applied Research, 1 (2015) 1002-1005.
-  Prasanjit Roy, The Digitization Wave in India: A SWOC Analysis with Special Reference to the Demonetization and a Leap towards Cashless Economy. IRA -International Journal of Management & Social Sciences, 10 (2018) 54-62.
Publication order reference