Processes occurring in the soil and fluorine
Languages of publication
Fluorine is in the dynamic balance of two geochemical processes, enrichment and leaching. These reflect the adsorption and desorption of fluoride by clay minerals, respectively. The two geochemical processes of fluorine in soil are influenced by interacting factors, including the geochemical characteristics of soil and clay minerals, pH and sanity of soil solutions, climate, grazing and agriculture activities.
-  Alma Ruiz Payan, Ortiz M., and Maria Duarte Gardea (2005). Determination of fluorine in drinking water and in urine of adolescents living in three conunties in Northern Chihuahua Mexico using a fluoride ion selective electrode. Microchemical Journal 81, 19-22.
-  Alvarez E., Perez A. and Calvo R. (1993). Aluminium speciation in surface water and soil solutions in areas of sulphide mineralization in Galicia (NW Spain) [J]. Sciences of the Total Environment 133, 17-37.
-  Palmer C., Wolfe S.H., American Dietetic Association (2005). Position of the American Dietetic Association: The impact of fluoride on health. Journal of the American Dietetic Association 105, 1620-1628.
-  Arnesen A. K. M., Abrahamsen G., Sandvik G., and Krogstad T. (1995). Aluminium-smelters and fluoride pollution of soil and soil solution in Norway. Science of the Total Environment 163, 39-53.
-  Bar-yosef B., Afik Isabel, and Rosenberg Rivka (1989). Fluoride sorption by montmorillonite and kaolinite. Soil Science 145, 194-200.
-  Colin Neal (1989). Fluorine variations in welsh streams and soil waters. Science of the Total Environment 80, 213-223.
-  Collins T. F. X., Sprando R. L., Black T. N., Shackelford M. E., Olejnik N., Ames M. J., Rorie J. I., and Ruggles D. I. (2001). Developmental toxicity of sodium fluoride measured during multiple generations. Food and Chemical Toxicology 39, 867-876.
-  Dai Shifeng, Li Weiwei, Tang Yuegang, Zhang Yong, and Feng Peng (2007). The sources, pathway, and preventive measures for fluorosis in Zhijin County, Guizhou, China. Applied Geochemistry 22, 1017-1024.
-  Dissanayake C. B. (1979). Geochemical provinces and the incidence of dental diseases in Sri Lanka. The Science of the Total Environment 13, 47-53.
-  Downey M. (2000). Muddying the waters: Fluoride in drinking water. The Lancet 355, 1644-1645.
-  Egli M., Durrenberger S., and Fitze P. (2004). Spatio-temoral behavior and mass balance of fluorine in forest soils near an aluminium smelting plant: Short-and long-term aspects. Environmental Pollution 129, 195-207.
-  Egli M., Mirabella A., and Fitze P. (2001). Clay mineral transformations in soils affected by fluorine and depletion of organic matter within a time span of 24 years. Geoderma 103, 307-334.
-  Fuge R. and Andrews M. J. (1988). Fluorine in the UK environment. Environmental Geochemistry and Health 10, 96-104.
-  Fung K. F., Zhang Z. Q., Wong J. W. C., and Wong M. H. (1999). Fluoride contents in tea and soil from tea plantations and the release of fluoride into tea liquor during infusion. Environmental Pollution 104, 197-205.
-  Ghorai Subhashini and Pant K. K. (2005). Equilibrium, kinetics and breakthrough studies for adsorption of fluorine on activated alumina. Separation and Purification Technology 42, 265-271.
-  Hamilton M. (1992). Water fluoridation: A risk assessment perspective. Journal of Environment and Health 54, 27-32.
-  Issa A. I., Preston K. P., Preston A. J., Toumba K. J., and Duggal M. S. (2003). A study investigating the formation of artificial sub-surface enamel caries-like lesions in deciduous and permanent teeth in the presence and absence of fluoride. Archives of Oral Biology 48, 567-571.
-  Jacks G. and Sharma V. P. (1995). Geochemistry of calcic horizons in relation to hillslpoe processes, southern India. Geoderma 67, 203-214.
-  Kabata-Pendias A. and Pendias H. (1984). Trace Elements Soils Plants. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
-  Kafri U., Arad A., Halicz L., and Ganor E. (1989). Fluorine enrichment in groundwater recharged through loess and dust deposits, southern Israel. Journal of Hydrology 110, 373-376.
-  Lavado R. S. and Reinaudi N. (1979). Fluoride in salt affected soils of La Pampa (Republica Argentina). Fluoride 12, 28-32.
-  Meenakshi S., Sairam Sundaram C., and Rugmini Sukumar (2008). Enhanced fluoride sorption by mechanochemically activated kaolinites. Journal of Harzardous Materials 153, 164-172.
-  Noureddine Hamdi and Ezzeddine Srasra (2006). Removal of fluoride from acidic wastewater by clay mineral: Effect of solid liquid ratios. Desalination 1, 238-244.
-  Pickering W.F. (1985). The mobility of soluble fluoride in soils. Environmental Pollution (Ser. B) 9, 281-308.
-  Reid R. L. and Horvath D. J. (1980). Soil chemistry and mineral problems in farm livestock, a review. Animal Feed Science and Technology 5, 95-167.
-  Ren Fuhong and Jiao Shuquin (1988). Distribution and formation of high-fluorine groundwater in China. Environmental Geology and Water Science 12, 3-10.
-  Ruiz T., Persin F., Hichour M., and Sandeaux J. (2003). Modelisation of fluoride removal in Donnan dialysis. Journal of Membrane Science 212, 113-121.
-  Sergio Bellomo, Alessandro Aiuppa, Walter D. Alessandro, and Francesco Parello (2007). Environmental impact of magmatic fluorine emission in the Mt. Etna area. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 165, 87-101.
-  Wang Binbin, Zheng Baoshan, Zhai Cheng, Liu Xiaojing, and Yu Guangqian (2004). Relationship between fluorine in drinking water and dental health of residents in some large cities in China. Environment International 30, 1067-1073.
-  Wang Wuyi, Li Ribang, Tan Jian’an, Luo Kunli, Yang Lisheng, Li Hairong, and Li Yonghua (2002). Adsorption and leaching of fluoride in soils of China. Fluoride 35, 122-129.
-  Wu Daishe, Zheng Baoshan, Wang Aimin, and Yu Guangquan (2004). Fluoride exposure from burning coal-clay in Guizhou Province, China. Fluoride 37, 20-27.
-  Xu Liying and Xing Huangxi (1995) Fluorine in the soil. Soil. 27, 191-194 (in Chinese with English abstract)
-  Yu Ping, Alasdair P., Brian Lee, Phillips L. and William H. Casey (2003). Potentiometric and 19F nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopic study of fluoride substitution in the GaAl12 polyoxocation: Implications for aluminum (hydro)oxide mineral surfaces. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 67, 1065-1080.
-  Zhang Hongmei, Su Baoyu, Liu Penghua, and Zhang Wei (2007). Experimental study of fluorine transport rules in unsaturated stratified soil. Journal of China University of Mining and Technology 17, 382-386.
-  Zhuang Jie and Yu Guirui (2002). Effects of surface coatings on electrochemical properties and contaminat sorption of clay minerals. Chemosphere 49, 619-628.
Publication order reference