POROUS CHITOSAN STRUCTURES FOR MEDICAL APPLICATIONS
Languages of publication
The aim of the study was to develop preparation methods of porous chitosan structures and to investigate their morphological properties as well as the kinetics of model substance release (salicylic acid). Chitosan scaffolds were generated using the liophylisation method and the systems obtained were saturated with hydroxyapatite and salicylic acid. Microscopic investigations (optical and electron microscopy) were carried out to examine the morphology of structures and water vapour sorption isotherms were determined to define the influence of hydroxyapatite on the system sorption ability. Additionally, the kinetic curve for the model substance release process (the process of the 1st order) was determined.
97 - 106
- Ma P., X.; (2004) Scaffolds for tissue fabrication. Materials Today 7(5), pp. 30-40.
- Khor E., Lim L.Y.; (2003) Implantable applications of chitin and chitosan. Biomaterials, 24(13), pp. 339–2349.
- Sundararajan V.M., Howard. W.T.; (1999) Porous chitosan scaffolds for tissue engineering. Biomaterials, 20(12), pp. 1133-1142.
- Wan Y., Yu A., Wu H., Wang Z., Wen D.; (2005) Porous-conductive chitosan scaffolds for tissue engineering II. in vitro and in vivo degradation. J Mater Sci: Mater Med., 16, pp. 1017-1028.
- Chun H., Kim G-W., Kim C-H.; (2008). J of Physics and Chemistry of Solids 69(5-6), pp. 1573-1576.
- Seda T.R., Karakeçili, A.; (2007) In vitro characterization of chitosan scaffolds: influence of composition and deacetylation degree. J Mater Sci: Mater Med 18(9), pp. 1665-1674.
- Hsieh W., Chang Ch., Lin S.; (2007) Morphology and characterization of 3D micro-porous structured chitosan scaffolds for tissue engineering. Colloids and Surfaces: Biointerfaces. 57(2), pp. 250–255.
- Mucha M., Matusiak B.; (2009) Water sorption isotherms of chitosan and its blends with nanofiller, Advances in Chitin Science. 9, pp. 140-147.
- Costa P., at all.:(2001) Modeling and comparison of dissolution profiles, J Pharm. Sci 13, pp. 123-133.
- Wan Y., Wu H., Cao X., Dalai S.; (2008) Compressive mechanical properties and biodegradability porous poly(caprolactone)/chitosan scaffolds. Polymer Degradation and Stability. 93(10), pp. 1736–1741.
- Chu T-M. G., Orton D.G., Hollister S.J., Feinberg S.E., Halloran J.W.; (2002) Mechanical and in vivo performance of hydroxyapatite implants with controlled architectures. Biomaterials 23(5), pp. 1283–1293.
- Zhang Y., Zhang M.; (2004) Cell growth and function on calcium phosphate reinforced chitosan scaffolds. J Mater Sci: Mater Med. 15(3), pp. 255–260.
Publication order reference