The evolution of payment instruments
Languages of publication
The aim of this article is to characterize the changes in the market for payment services in Poland due to high regulatory activity in this area at the EU level. The concept of payment instruments has been characterized in regard to the current Polish and global market of banking services. The legal aspects of payment instruments have also been described, along with the presentation of the current situation on the market and the factors determining the development of payment instruments.
-  M. Verdier, Interchange fees and incentives to Invest in payment card systems. International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 28, No. 5, September 2010, 539-554.
-  T. Khiaonarong, J. Liebenen, Banking on Innovation. Modernisation of Payment Systems, Springer Company 2009, 1.
-  A. Iivarinen, H. Leinonen, M. Lukka, V. Saarinen, Regulation and Control of Payment System Risks – a Finnish Perspective, Bank of Finland Studies, 2003, 17.
-  R. Mann, Credit Cards and Debit Cards in the United States and Japan. Vanderbit Law Review 2002, No. 55, 8.
-  D. Rambure, A. Nacamuli, Payment Systems. From the Salt Mines to the Board Room, Palgrave MacMillan 2008, 23.
-  D. Orrell, R. Chlupatý, The evolution of money, Columbia University Press, 2016, 60.
-  J. B. Howcroft & John Lavis. Evolution of the Payment Systems of London Clearing Banks. The Service Industries Journal Volume 7, 1987 - Issue 2, 176-194
-  Bell, T. 1980. Cheque Truncation - Flight of Fancy or Force Majeure?. Bankers' Magazine, 224(1632): 10–12
-  Edwards, J. 1983. Overcoming Obstacles to Cheque Truncation. Bankers' Magazine (USA), 166(4): 11–12
-  Harry Scarbrough, Ronnie Lannon. (1989) The management of innovation in the financial services sector: A case study. Journal of Marketing Management 5: 1, pages 51-62
-  Keith Pond. (1989) Cheque Truncation - A Legal and Practical Perspective. The Service Industries Journal 9: 1, pages 110-126
-  Nicholas J. Ashill, Kevin M. Davies, Ian W. Thompson. (2003) Characteristics of marketing organisation in the New Zealand financial services sector. International Journal of Bank Marketing 21: 2, pages 80-93
-  David B. Humphrey. Replacement of cash by cards in US consumer payments. Journal of Economics and Business Volume 56, Issue 3, May–June 2004, Pages 211-225
-  Jeffrey M. Lacker, John A. Weinberg. Payment economics: studying the mechanics of exchange. Journal of Monetary Economics Volume 50, Issue 2, March 2003, Pages 381-387
-  Jeffrey M. Lacker. Clearing, settlement and monetary policy. Journal of Monetary Economics Volume 40, Issue 2, October 1997, Pages 347-381
Publication order reference