IMPACT OF CHITOSAN CROSS-LINKING ON RB 5 DYE ADSORPTION EFFICIENCY
Languages of publication
In this work, the effect of cross-linking of chitosan beads on the removal efficiency of dye RB 5 from aqueous solutions was defined. In the studies not crosslinked chitosan as well as chitosan cross-linked with a chemical cross-linking agent - glutaraldehyde and ionic cross-linking agent - pentasodium tripolyphosphate were used. The scope of the research included the determination of pH at which the adsorption process proceeded efficiently, study time, in order to designate the time, after which the reaction equilibrium is reached and to determine the kinetics of the adsorption process and constants in the Langmuir 2 equation. The work sets maximum sorption capacity of the sorbent non-crosslinked and two crosslinked sorbents. Based on these results, it was found that the highest removal efficiency of dye RB 5 was obtained for chitosan crosslinked with ion agent - pentasodium tripolyphosphate. The maximum sorption capacity of the sorbent amounted 1125.7 mg / g d.m. of chitosan.
-  Jin X., Liu G., Xu Z., Yao W; (2007) Decolorization of a dye industry effluents by Aspergillus fumigatus XC6. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 74: 239 – 243.
-  Revanker M.S., Lele S.S; (2007) Synthetic dyes decolorization by white rot fungus, Ganoderma sp.. WR-1, Bioresource Technology 98: 775 – 780.
-  Filipkowska U., Rodziewicz J; (2012) Analysis of the Sorption Efficiency Of Acid Basic And Direct Dyes Using Chitosan, Fly Ashes Immobilized Onto Chitosan And Modified Sawdust Immobilized Onto Chitosan as Sorbents. Adsorption Science and Technology 33(6): 461-471. DOI: 10.1260/0263-618.104.22.1681
-  Filipkowska U., Jóźwiak T., Rodziewicz J., Kuciejewska J; (2013) Application of Maize Silage as a Biosorbent for the Removal of Dyes from Aqueous Solutions. Annual Set The Enviroment Protection 15: 2324-2338
-  Jóźwiak T., Filipkowska U., Rodziewicz J. Mielcarek A., Owczarkowska D; (2013) Applicaion od Compost as a Cheap Sorbent for Dyes Removal from Aqueous Solutions Annual Set The Enviroment Protection 15: 2398-2411
-  Hasana M., Ahmada A.L, Hameed B.H; (2008) Adsorption of reactive dye onto cross - linked chitosan/oil palm ash composite beads. Chemical Engineering Journal 136: 164 – 172.
-  Chiou M.S., Ho P.Y., Li H.Y; (2004) Adsorption of anionic dyes in acid solutions using chemically cross-linked chitosan beads. Dyes Pigments 60: 69 – 84.
-  Chiou M.S., Ho P.Y., Li H.Y; (2003) Adsorption behavior of reactive dye in aqueous solution on chemical cross-linked chitosan beads. Chemosphere 50: 1095- 1105.
-  Wan Ngah W.S., Kamari A., Chong M.Y., Cheah M.L; (2009) Sorption of acid dyes onto GLA and H2SO4 crosslinked chitosan beads. Desalination 249: 1180 – 1189
Publication order reference