Measurement the natural radioactivity of Sheep meat samples from Karbala governorate
Languages of publication
In this paper, the measurement of natural radioactivity in Sheep meat samples from different regions of Karbala governorate by using (Na(Tl)) detector. The results of measurements have shown that the specific activity and the determination of some other related parameters such as (Raeq , Hin, Iɣ, Iα, DƔ, Eff dos and AGDE). In fourteen four sheep meat samples by using NaI(Tl) detector. The results have shown that, the mean specific activity of (40K, 238U and 232Th) which were (6.813±1.82 Bq/kg, 3.865±1.033 Bq/kg and 1.02±1.03), respectively, were found to be less than the recommended values of specific activity given by (UNSCEAR, 2000).
-  Mireles F., Davila J.I., Quirino L.L., Lugo J.F., Pinedo J.L. and Rios C., Natural soil gamma radioactivity levels and resultant population dose in the cities of Zacatecas and Guadalupe, Zacatecas, Mexico. Health Physics, 84, 368–372 (2003).
-  Colmenero S. L., Montero M.E., Villalba L., Renterıa V. M., Torres M. E., Garcıa L.M., GarcıaT. R., Mireles G. F., Herrera E.F. and Sanchez A. D., Uranium-238 and thorium-232 series concentrations in soil, radon-222 indoor and drinking water concentrations and dose assessment in the governorate of Aldama, Chihuahua, Mexico. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, 77, 205–219 (2004).
-  Asaf, D., Medical Consequences of Contamination with Depleted Uranium, In Metal of Dishonor. International Action Center, New York, 1999.
-  Standard Operating Procedure to surface and subsurface soil sampling. FSSO 002.00, California SOP, (1999).
-  Dia H.M., Nouh S.A., Hamdy A. and EL-Fiki S.A., Evaluation of Natural Radioactivity in a Cultivated Area around a Fertilizer Factory. Nuclear and Radiation Physics, 3, 1, 53-62 (2008).
-  Nashwan Shawkat, Radioactive pollution and environmental sources in the province of Nineveh. Master Thesis Wassit University (2000).
-  El-Arabi A.M., Gamma activity in some environmental samples in south Egypt, Indian Journal of Pure & Applied Physics, 43, 422-426 (2005).
-  Al-Taher A. and Makhluf S., Natural radioactivity levels in phosphate fertilizer and its environmental implications in as suit governorate, Upper Egypt, Indian Journal of Pure & Applied Physics, 48, 697-702 (2010).
-  Arman E., An Investigation on the Natural Radioactivity of Building Materials, Raw Materials and Interior Coatings in Central Turkey. Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences, 37, 4, 199-203 (2007).
-  UNSCEAR, (United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation), Report to the General Assembly, United Nations, New York, (2000).
-  Laith Ahmed Najam, Sameera Ahmed Ebrahiem, Shaemaa Akram Abbas, Evaluation of natural radioactivity in Selected Soil Samples from the Archaeological of Ur City by using HPGe detector. World Scientific News 62 (2017) 79-92
-  Yousif Muhsin Zayir Al-Bakhat, Hazim Louis Mansour, Huda Nassar Karkoush, Investigation of Radioactivity Levels and Radiation Hazards for Plants Species Grown at Scrap Yard (A) at Al-Tuwaitha Nuclear Site (Iraq). World Scientific News 87 (2017) 114-124
Publication order reference