Solution and Generalized Ulam-Hyers Stability of a Reciprocal Type Functional Equation in Non-Archimedean Fields
Languages of publication
In this paper, we obtain the general solution of a reciprocal type functional equation of the type f(x+y)=f((k_1 x+k_2 y)/k)f((k_2 x+k_1 y)/k)/(f((k_1 x+k_2 y)/k)+f((k_2 x+k_1 y)/k) ) and investigate its generalized Ulam-Hyers stability in non-Archimedean fields where k>2, k_1 and k_2 are positive integers with k=k_1+k_2 and k_1≠k_2. We also establish Hyers-Ulam-Rassias stability, Ulam-Gavruta-Rassias stability and J.M. Rassias stability controlled by the mixed product-sum of powers of norms for the same equation.
- Department of Mathematics, C. Abdul Hakeem College of Engg. and Tech., Melvisharam - 632 509, Tamil Nadu, India
- Pedagogical Department E.E., PG & Research Department of Mathematics, Sacred Heart College, Tirupattur - 635 601, Tamil Nadu, India
- Section of Mathematics and Informatics, National and Capodistrian University of Athens, 4 Agamemnonos Str., Aghia Paraskevi, Athens, Attikis 15342, Greece
-  J. Aczel, Lectures on Functional Equations and their Applications, Vol. 19, Academic Press, New York, 1966.
-  J. Aczel, Functional Equations, History, Applications and Theory, D. Reidel Publ. Company, 1984.
-  C. Alsina, On the stability of a functional equation, General Inequalities, Vol. 5, Oberwol-fach, Birkhauser, Basel, (1987), 263-271.
-  T. Aoki, On the stability of the linear transformation in Banach spaces, J. Math. Soc. Japan, 2 (1950), 64-66.
-  A. Bodaghi and S.O. Kim, Approximation on the quadratic reciprocal functional equation, Journal of Function Spaces and Applications, Vol. 2014, Article ID532463, 5 pages.
-  A. Bodaghi and Y. Ebrahimdoost, On the stability of quadratic reciprocal functionalequation in non-Archimedean fields, Asian-European J. Math. (submitted).
-  B. Bouikhalene and E. Elquorachi, Ulam-Gavruta-Rassias stability of the Pexider functional equation, Int. J. Appl. Math. Stat., 7 (2007), 7-39.
-  I.S. Chang and H.M. Kim, On the Hyers-Ulam stability of quadratic functional equations, J. Ineq. Appl. Math. 33 (2002), 1-12.
-  I.S. Chang and Y.S. Jung, Stability of functional equations deriving from cubic andquadratic functions, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 283 (2003), 491-500.
-  S. Czerwik, Functional Equations and Inequalities in Several Variables, World Scientific Publishing Co., Singapore, New Jersey, London, 2002.
-  M. Eshaghi Gordji, S. Zolfaghari, J.M. Rassias and M.B. Savadkouhi, Solutionand stability of a mixed type cubic and quartic functional equation in quasi-Banach spaces, Abst. Appl. Anal. Vol. 2009, Article ID 417473 (2009), 1-14.
-  P. Gavruta, A generalization of the Hyers-Ulam-Rassias stability of approximately additive mapppings, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 184 (1994), 431-436.
-  N. Ghobadipour and C. Park, Cubic-quartic functional equations in fuzzy normed spaces, Int. J. Nonlinear Anal. Appl. 1 (2010), 12-21.
-  D.H. Hyers, On the stability of the linear functional equation, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 27 (1941), 222-224.
-  D.H. Hyers, G. Isac and Th.M. Rassias, Stability of functional equations in severalvariables, Birkhauser, Basel, 1998.
-  S.M. Jung, Hyers-Ulam-Rassias stability of functional equations in Mathematical Analysis, Hardonic press, Palm Harbor, 2001.
-  Pl. Kannappan, Quadratic functional equation and inner product spaces, Results Math.27(3-4) (1995), 368-372.
-  J.R. Lee, D.Y. Shin and C. Park, Hyers-Ulam stability of functional equations in matrixnormed spaces, J. Inequ. Appl. 2013, 2013: 22.
-  E. Movahednia, Fixed point and generalized Hyers-Ulam-Rassias stability of a quadratic functional equation, J. Math. Comp. Sci., 6 (2013), 72-78.
-  A. Najati and Ch. Park, Cauchy-Jensen additive mappings in quasi-Banach algebras andits applications, J. Nonlinear Anal. Appl., 2013 (2013), 1-16.
-  J.M. Rassias, On approximation of approximately linear mappings by linear mappings, J. Funct. Anal. 46 (1982), 126-130.
-  K. Ravi, M. Arunkumar and J.M. Rassias, Ulam stability for the orthogonally generalEuler-Lagrange type functional equation, Int. J. Math. Stat. 3(A08) (2008), 36-46.
-  K. Ravi, J.M. Rassias, M. Arunkumar and R. Kodandan, Stability of a generalized mixed type additive, quadratic, cubic and quartic functional equation, J. Inequ. Pure & Appl. Math. 10(4) (2009), 1-29.
-  K. Ravi and B.V. Senthil Kumar, Ulam-Gavruta-Rassias stability of Rassias Reciprocal functional equation, Global J. of Appl. Math. and Math. Sci. 3(1-2) (Jan-Dec 2010), 57-79.
-  K. Ravi, J.M. Rassias and B.V. Senthil Kumar, Ulam stability of generalized reciprocal functional equation in several variables, Int. J. App. Math. Stat. 19(D10) (2010), 1-19.
-  K. Ravi, J.M. Rassias and B.V. Senthil Kumar, Ulam stability of reciprocal differenceand adjoint functional equations, Aust. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 8(1), Art. 13 (2011), 1-18.
-  K. Ravi, J.M. Rassias and B.V. Senthil Kumar, A fixed point approach to the generalized Hyers-Ulam stability of reciprocal difference and adjoint functional equations, Thai J. Math. 8(3) (2010), 469-481.
-  K. Ravi, J.M. Rassias, B.V. Senthil Kumar and A. Bodaghi, Intuitionistic fuzzy stability of a reciprocal-quadratic functional equation, Int. J. Appl. Sci. Math., 1(1) (2014), 9-14.
-  Th.M. Rassias, On the stability of the linear mapping in Banach spaces, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 72 (1978), 297-300.
-  S.M. Ulam, Problems in Modern Mathematics, Chapter VI, Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1964.
-  D.X. Zhou, On a conjecture of Z. Ditzian, J. Approx. Theory 69 (1992), 167-172.
Publication order reference