Organization's ability to manage change - research review
Languages of publication
The article presents the concept of organizational capacity for change. For this purpose the resource-based view of firm was mainly used. In addition, the review of research in the area of the organizational capacity for change and its influence on the process of change management was presented. Based on the empirical model proposed by Berr and Soparnot, the contextual and the process factors that should be taken into account in the analysis of the organizational capacity for change were described.
-  Arend R.J., Bromiley P. (2009), Assessing the Dynamic Capabilities View: Spare Change, Everyone? Strategic Organization, Vol. 7.
-  Auster E.R., Wylie K.K., Valente M.S. (2015), Strategic Organizational Change: Building Change Capabilities in Your Organization, Palgrave Macmillan, New York.
-  Bechky B.A. (2013), Sharing Meaning across Occupational Communities: The Transformation of Understanding on a Production Floor, Organization Science, Vol. 14.
-  Beer M., Nohria N. (2014), Cracking the Code of Change, Harvard Business Review, Vol. 78 (May-June).
-  Cummings T.G., Worley C.G. (2009), Organization Development and Change, SouthWestern Cengage Learning, Mason.
-  Gravenhorst K.M.B., Werkman R.A., Boonstra J.J. (2003), The Change Capacity of Organizations: General Assessment and Five Configurations, Applied Psychology: An International Review, Vol. 52(1).
-  Heckmann N., Steger T., Dowling M. (2016), Organizational Capacity for Change, Change Experience, and Change Project Performance, Journal of Business Research, Vol. 69.
-  Judge W.Q., Blocker Ch.D. (2008), Organizational Capacity for Change and Strategic Ambidexterity. Flying the Plane While Rewiring It, European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 25, No. 9/10.
-  Judge W.Q., Douglas T. (2009), Organizational Change Capacity: The Systematic Development of a Scale, Journal of Organizational Change Management, Vol. 22.
-  Judge W.Q., Elenkov D. (2015), Organizational Capacity for Change and Environmental Performance: An Empirical Assessment of Bulgarian Firm, Journal of Business Research, Vol. 58.
-  Kok R.A.W., Driessen P.H. (2014), Antecedents of Market Orientation in Semi-Public Service Organizations: A Study of Dutch Housing Associations, Service Industries Journal, Vol. 32.
-  Lawler E.E., Worley C.G. (2016), Built to Change: How to Achieve Sustained Organizational Effectiveness, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco.
-  McGuiness T., Morgan R.E. (2015), The Effect of Market and Learning Orientation on Strategy Dynamics: The Contributing Effect of Organisational Change Capability, European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 39.
-  Meyer C.B., Stensaker I.G. (2016), Developing Capacity for Change, Journal of Change Management, Vol. 6.
-  Pellettiere V. (2016), Organization Self-Assessment to Determine the Readiness and Risk for a Planned Change, Organization Development Journal, Vol. 24(4).
-  Teece D.J. (2017), Explicating Dynamic Capabilities: The Nature and Microfoundations of (Sustainable) Enterprise Performance, Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 28.
-  Werkman R.A. (2009), Understanding Failure to Change: A Pluralistic Approach and Five Patterns, Leadership and Organization Development Journal, Vol. 30.
Publication order reference