The Internet of things
Languages of publication
The article presents the concept of the Internet of things, which is attracting increasing interest from the world of science and business every year. The below contents present the spheres that should be noticed while designing smart things, and the benefits brought by their occurrence and utilization to the society. Moreover, the article demonstrates technological trends from the last 20 years.
-  Ribeiro S., Cunha S., Moreira da Silva M., Language tools: communicatings in today’s word of business, Teaching English with Technology, 15(2), 2015, p. 68.
-  Grodner M., Kokot W., Kolenda P., Krejtz K., Legoń A., Rytel P., Wierzbiński R.: Internet of Things in Poland – Report, ICAN Institute, Harvard Business Review, Poland, 2013.
-  A. Vardamaskou and P. Antoniou, Informal learning: evaluation of an Internet-based physical activity educational program for adults, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Open and Distance Learning, Patra, Greece, Vol. A, pp. 405-417 (in Greek), 2005.
-  Harvard Business Review Poland: How smart product with access to the Internet changing competition, HBRP Magazine No. 145, http://sklep.hbrp.pl/jak-inteligentne-produkty-z-dostepem-do-sieci-zmieniajakonkurencje. html [access date: 11.01.2016].
-  Porter M. E., Heppelmann J. E.: How Smart, Connected Products Are Transforming Companies, Harvard Business Review, October 2015.
-  Gartner Inc.: Gartner Says 4,9 Billion Connected “Things” Will Be in Use in 2015, article available online at: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2905717 [access date: 11.01.2016].
-  Schaller A., Mueller K., Byung-Yong S. ,Motorola’s experiences in designing the Internet of Things, Internet of things, 2008, p. 28.
Publication order reference