Relation between self-esteem and identity styles with mental health of students majoring in Psychology, University of Payame Noor, Mahabad center
Languages of publication
The goal of the present research was to examine the relationship between self-esteem and identity styles and mental health of students majoring in Psychology, University of Payame Noor, Mahabad center (Psychology department, 2011-2012). The statistical population of this paper was constituted by students majoring in Psychology who were admitted to the Payame Noor University in 2011-2012, Mahabad center. The number of people in the population under study was 95 people in accordance with the University's computer center from which the sample under research was 76 people in accordance with the Morgan Table. In the present research, the in access sampling method was applied. Tools for gathering date consisted of Cooper Smith's Self-esteem, Berzonsky's Identity Styles and the General Health Questionnaire (GHQ). The methodology of the current paper was of a correlation type which falls under the category of applied researches. Also, in order to analyze resulting data, the Pearson correlation coefficient and Multivariate regression methods were utilized. Results revealed that there was a relationship between mental health and self-esteem.
-  Berk, L. (2011). Psychology of growth. Tehran: Arasbaran publication.
-  Biabangard, E. (2009). Ways for improving self-esteem among children and adolescents. Tehran: Association of Teachers and Parents publication.
-  Ganji, A. A. (2003). General psychology. Tehran: Roshd publication.
-  Goldberg, H. (1978). Manual of the General Health Questionnaire, Windsor, England, NFER publishing.
-  Khaledian, M. Hasanpour, S. and Ghadermarzi, H. (2012). A survey on the comparison of Mental Health and Life Expectancy in employed and Unemployed People, International Journal of Applied Psychology, 2(6): 137-141.
-  Milani Far, B. (1999). Mental health. Tehran: Ghods publication.
-  Ostadian, M., Soudani, M., & Mehrabi Zade Honarmand, M. (2010). Effectiveness of group counseling in form of Ellis's emotional-rational-behavioral manner on test anxiety and self- esteem of third grade female students, City of Behbahan. Journal of learning and education studies, University of Shiraz, (2): 1-18.
-  Seyed Ahmadi, M., Keivanloo, F., Kooshan, M., & Mohamadi Raouf, M. (2011). Comparison of mental health situation among athlete and non-athlete students. Journal of Medical Sciences University and Treatment services, 17 (2): 116-122.
-  Shamloo, S. (1997). Mental Health. Tehran: Roshd publication.
Publication order reference