The Effect of Cognitive-behavioral Treatment on Depression Symptoms and Adaptability of the Students with Abnormal Grief
Languages of publication
Death of an important person is one of the main events in the children’s life which children or teenagers may experience. Indeed, children losses his/her parents, sister, or brother have to achieve a method by which he/she be able to avoid its pressure. The purpose of this study is to examine the effect of cognitive-behavioral treatment on depression symptoms and adaptability of the students with abnormal grief. The research is a semi-experimental pretest-posttest study with control group. In order to this, a sample of 20 students, who had symptoms of research variables, was selected from statistical population after primary study through convenience sampling method. The sample members were appointed to the control and experimental groups randomly. Data-measurement tools were California individual-social adaptability test and depression test. The reliability and validity of the tests have already been examined and confirmed in past studies. The research data was analyzed in the SPSS through COVARIANCE analysis. The findings of this study revealed that there is a significant difference between performances of experimental and control groups in terms of individual-social adaptability test and depression test after adopting cognitive-behavioral treatments (p ≤ 0.05). Based on the findings of this study, it can be said that cognitive-behavioral treatment can be effective on decreasing depression symptoms and improving adaptability of the students with abnormal grief significantly. It can be said that the use of such a method can be effective on the students’ mental health.
-  Ashjzadeh, N. (1998). Effect of cognitive - behavioral group therapy on depression and feelings of disability caused by headaches in patients with migraine and tension headache. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry and Psychology. 4(4): 418-411.
-  Attari, S., & Kochaki, B. (2004). The effect of group social skills training on personal adjustment - social of juvenile offenders in the GonbadKavus city, Journal of Psychology and Educational Sciences, Uni29- Nasseri, H. Evaluate the effectiveness of cognitive – behavioral therapy on reducing depression and pain and disability resulting from perceived pain in patients with Romatied Arthrit. MSc thesis Clinical Psychology, University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences.
-  Bhrynyan, S. A. M., & Davoudi, M. S. (1998). Compare the effect of cognitive behavioral therapy methods and behavioral on depression in heart patients rehabilitation. Research Journal of Medicine. 32(4): 96-89.
-  Cohen, J. A., Mann arino, A. P., & Staron, V. R. (2006). Apollot study of modified cognitive – Behavioral. Therapy for childhood Traumatic grief (CBT _CTG). Journal of the American Academy of child and adolescent.
-  Farhodian, A. (2004). Early Cognitive - behavior therapy, on reduce traumatic stress symptoms (after lobbying physical injury). Journal of New Cognitive Science. 6(3): 4-16.
-  Gauthier, Y., & Marshall, W.L. (1977). Grief: A cognitive behavioral analysis. Cognitive therapy Research, 1: 39-44.
-  Hanna Sabzadeh Isfahani, M., Yazdandoost, R., & Mohammadian, M. (2001). Effectiveness of cognitive - behavioral Therapy on signs of depression and reduce unhealthy attitudes in adolescents with depressive disorders. Journal andysheh and behavior. 7(1): 1-14.
-  Heidaripahlavian, A., Zolfaghari, F., & Mehrabi, F. (1997). Comparison Performance of treatment with long exposure to visualize the treatment techniques of cognitive - behavioral treatment of Obsessive Disorder. Psychological research. 2(3): 107-98.
-  Izadfar, D. (2001). Comparing social growth and personality traits of orphan students with normal students in the city of Shahrekord high schools, M.A. thesis, Faculty of Educational Sciences and Psychology, University of Isfahan.
-  Khdyary Far, M., Abedini, Y., Zrdkhaneh, A., QobariBonab, B., Sohrabi, F., & Younosi, J. (1998). Effectiveness of cognitive - behavioral psychological health of prisoners. Journal of Behavioral Sciences. 2(4): 251-242.
-  Mahmodi Gharaei, J., Mohamadreza, B., Mahdi, Y., Mohamadtaghi, F., & Yousef Naderi, F. (2006). the effect of group game-therapy on the happiness of children with 3-6 years old, Journal of especial child diseases, 16(1): 26-33.
-  Mahmoudi Qaraie, J., Fakour, Y., Mohammadi, M., & Mmtazbkhsh, M. (2006). Effect of individual counseling with the approach of cognitive - behavioral treatment of patients with post traumatic stress of Bam. Research Ethics, Law, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences. 9(2): 69-63.
-  Mawson, D., Marks, I. M., Ramma, L., & stern, R. S. (1981). Guided Mourning for morbidgrief: A rolled study. British journal of psychiatry, 138: 185-193.
-  Mokhtari, S., Taherneshat dost, H., & Molavi, H. (1998). Evaluate the effectiveness of group cognitive - behavioral approach on depression and somatic complaints of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS). Psychology, 47(3): 251-242.
-  Naderi, F. (2006). Group play therapy effect on symptoms associated with grief and trauma caused by earthquake damage in Bam, children 3 to 6 years. Journal of Pediatrics. 16(1): 33-26.
-  Najafi, S. (2005). Examining the effect of cognitive-behavioral therapy on the self-perception and depression of girls with 15-18 years old, M.A. thesis, Tarbiat Moalem University of Tehran, Faculty of Educational Sciences and Psychology, pp. 172-184.
-  Najafi, S. (2005). The effect of cognitive - behavioral on depression of their perception of girls aged 18-15 living in boarding center in Tehran. MSc thesis. Teacher Training University, Tehran, Faculty of Psychology and Education.
-  Narimani, M., & Roshan, R. (2002). Prevalence of depression and the effectiveness of behavioral - Cognitive therapy on reduce depression in students. Journal of Psychology. 6(3): 22-34.
-  Nieuwmeyer, S. M., Difilippi, K., Marcus, C., & Nasaba, R. (2003). A clinical gide to supportive and palliative care for HIV\AIDS in sub-saharan Africa: loss, grief, and Bereavement. chapter 17(24): 249-260.
-  Omidi, A., Mohammad Khani, P., Dolatshahi, P., & pour Shahbazi, A. (1998). Efficacy of combined treatment methods of Based presence of mind on cognitive and cognitive - behavioral symptoms of psychiatric patients with major depressive disorder. Journal - Research Faiz. 12(2): 245-234.
-  Poshtmashhadi, M., YazdanDoost, R., Asgharnejad, F., & Morid pour D. (2003). Effectiveness of cognitive - behavioral on perfectionism, approval seeking and depressive symptoms in patients with pain disorder. Thought and Behavior. 9(3): 31-43.
-  Rafiania, A. (2000). Effect of individual counseling with the approach of cognitive - behavioral treatment of patients with PTSD resulting from war.MScthesis.Teacher Training University, Faculty of Psychology and Education.
-  Rando, T. A. (1993). Treatment of complicated Mourning. Research press, Feb, 22.
-  Sadock, B. J., & Alkot, S. V. (2008). Summary of psychiatry: behavioral sciences/clinical Psychiatry, translated to Persian by Rezaei and Rafiei. Tehran: Arjmand publication.
-  Sadock, B. J., & Alkot, S. V. (2008). Summary of psychiatry: behavioral sciences/clinicalPsy
-  Shaw, J. A., & Espinel, Z., & Shultz, J. M. (2007). Children: stress trauma and disasters, children bereavement.
-  Stice, E., Rohde, P., Seeley, R., & Gou, M. (2008). Grief cognitive – Behavioral depression for adolescents. Journal of consoling and clinical psychology. 76(4): 595-606.
Publication order reference