The Role and Application of Operational Research Techniques in Industry Management
Languages of publication
Today, any occupation and discipline depends on the science of mathematics in an organization. This is felt in the industry and production. Management is also a scientific and specialized activity for better management of a set of factors requiring mathematics. The aim of this study. The role and application of operational research techniques in industry management. In this research, it has been tried by reviewing scientific sources and examples of studies qualitatively can be done analysis of the information and data collected. According to the results of this study Operational research techniques have a lot to do with management tasks in the industry. Operational research techniques contribute to the management of the industry in performing the following tasks. Decision making, Planning, Monitoring and control, Budgeting and Cost management.
-  Ackoff, R. (1962). Some Unsolved Problems in Problem Solving. Operational Research Quarterly 13 (1), 1-11.
-  Ackoff, R. (1979). The future of operational rese arch is past. Journal of the Operational Research Society 30, 93-104.
-  Azar, A. (2019). Operational Research, Publishing House of Payame Noor University, Iran, Tehran
-  Aydogan, E. K. (2011). Performance measurement model for Turkish aviation firms using the rough-AHP and TOPSIS methods under fuzzy environment. Expert Systems with Applications, 38, 3992–3998.
-  Beer, S., (1966). Decision and Control, Wiley: London.
-  Behzadian, M., Otaghsara, S. K., Yazdani, M., & Ignatius, J. (2012). A state-of the-art survey of TOPSIS applications. Expert Systems with applications, 39(17), 13051-13069
-  Behzadian, M., Kazemzadeh, R. B., Aghdasi, M., & Albadvi, A. (2010). PROMETHEE: A comprehensive literature review of applications and methodologies. European Journal of Operational Research, 200(1), 198–215
-  Checkland, P. (1983). OR and the systems movement - mappings and conflicts. Journal of the Operational Research Society 34 (8), 661-675
-  Churchman, C. (1963). The X of X. Management Science 9 (3), 351-357
-  Lootsma, F. A. (1999). Multi-criteria decision analysis via ratio and difference judgement. Kluwer Academic Publishers.
-  Ho, W. (2008). Integrated analytic hierarchy process and its applications – a literature review. European Journal of Operational Research, 186(1), 211-228
-  Peng, Y., Wang, G., Kou, G., & Shi, Y. (2011). An empirical study of classification algorithm evaluation for financial risk prediction. Applied Soft Computing, 11, 2906-2915
-  Krohling, R. A., & Pacheco, A. G. (2015). A-TOPSIS - an approach based on TOPSIS for ranking evolutionary algorithms. Procedia Computer Science, 55, 308-317.
-  Hellinger, E. (1909). Neue begründung der theorie quadratischer formen von unendlichvielen veränderlichen. Journal für die reine und angewandte Mathematik, 136, 210-271
-  Lourenzutti, R., & Krohling, R. A. (2014). The Hellinger distance in multicriteria decision making: An illustration to the TOPSIS and TODIM methods. Expert Systems with Applications, 41(9), 4414-4421
-  Mingers, J., & White, L. (2010). A review of the recent contribution of systems thinking to operational research and management science. European journal of operational research, 207(3), 1147-1161
-  Midgley, G., Cavana, R. Y., Brocklesby, J., Foote, J. L., Wood, D. R., & Ahuriri-Driscoll, A. (2013). Towards a new framework for evaluating systemic problem structuring methods. European Journal of Operational Research, 229(1), 143-154
-  Rosenhead, J. (2006). Past, present and future of problem structuring methods. Journal of the operational research society, 57(7), 759-765
-  Rosenhead, J., & Mingers, J. (2001). Rational analysis for a problematic world revisited (No. 2nd). John Wiley and Sons.
-  Rosenhead, J. (1989). Rational Analysis for a Problematic World: Problem Structuring Methods for Complexity. Uncertainty and Conflict.
-  Roy, B. (2005). In: J. Figueira, S. Greco, & M. Ehrgott (Eds.), Multiple criteria decision analysis: State of the art surveys (pp. 3-24). Springer Science + Business Media, Inc.
-  Vaidya, O. S., & Kumar, S. (2006). Analytic hierarchy process: An overview of applications. European Journal of Operational Research, 169(1), 1–29.
-  Zandi, F., & Tavana, M. (2011). A fuzzy group quality function deployment model for e-CRM framework assessment in agile manufacturing. Computers& Industrial Engineering, 61, 1–19.
Publication order reference