Effect of Cd Doping on Structural and Some Optical Studies of Nano CuO Films Prepared by Sol–Gel Technique
Languages of publication
This research deals with the study of the structural and optical properties of CuO and Cd doped CuO nano films in thickness 100nm were deposited on a glass substrate using sol-gel spin coating technique. XRD results indicated that the films are polycrystalline and have monoclinic structure with a preferred orientation along ((111).) ̅ and the grain size increase with increasing concentration Cd. Data of AFM indicate that the surface of films is smooth. From SEM image observed the particles are smallest an even particle distribution on a smooth surface. The optical transition in the CuO and (Cd– doped CuO) thin films are observed to be allowed direct transition. The value of the optical energy gap decreases with increasing of (Cd) for all samples.
-  Mariammal R. N, Ramachandrana K, Kalaiselvan G, Arumugam S, Renganathan B., and Sastikumar D, Effect of magnetism on the ethanol sensitivity of undoped and Mn-doped CuO nanoflakes. Appl. Surf. Sci, 2013, 270, 545-552.
-  Hubner, M, Simion C.E, Tomescu-St anoiu A, Pokhrel S, Barsan N, .and Weimar U, Influence of humidity on CO sensing with p-type CuO thick film gas sensors. Sensor Actuat B, 2011, 153, 347-353
-  Manish Kumar Verma, Vinay Gupta, A highly sensitive SnO2–CuO multilayered sensor structure for detection of H2S gas. Sensor Actuat B, 2012, 166-167, 378-385.
-  Chandra sekaran, S, A novel single step synthesis, high efficiency and cost effective photovoltaic applications of oxidized copper nano particles. Sol Energ Mat Sol C, 2013, 109, 220-226.
-  Amun Amri, XiaoFei Duan, Chun-Yang Yin, Zhong-Tao Jiang, Mahbubur Rahman M., and Trevor Pryor, Solar absorptance of copper–cobalt oxide thin film coatings with nano-size,grain-like orphology: Optimization and synchrotron radiation XPS studies. Appl. Surf. Sci., 2013, 275, 127-135.
-  Morales, J, Sanchez L, Martın F, Ramos-Barradob J. R., and Sanchez M., Use of low-temperature nanostructured CuO thin films deposited by spray-pyrolysis in lithium cells. Thin Solid Films, 2005, 474, 133-140.
-  L. De Los Santos Valladares, D. Hurtado Salinas, A. Bustamante Dominguez, D. Acosta Najarro, S.I. Khondaker, T. Mitrelias, C. H.W. Barnes, J. Albino Aguiar and Y. Majima. Crystallization and electrical resistivity of Cu2O and CuO obtained by thermal oxidation of Cu thin films on SiO2/Si substrates, Thin Solid Films, 520 (2012) 6368-6374.
-  E.M Alkoy, and P.J. Kelly, The structure and properties of copper oxide and copper aluminium oxide coatings prepared by pulsed magnetron sputtering of powder targets. Vacuum, 79(3-4) (2005) 221-230.
-  Iqbal Singh and Bedi R.K, Studies and correlation among the structural, electrical and gas response properties of aerosol spray deposited self-assembled nanocrystalline CuO, Appl. Surf. Sci., 2011, 257, 7592-7599.
-  Hong Youl Bae, and Gyeong Man Choi, Electrical and reducing gas sensing properties of ZnO and ZnO–CuO thin films fabricated by spin coating method, Sensor Actuat. B, 1999, 55, 47-54.
-  Aykut Nalbant, Özlem Ertek, and Ibrahim Okur, Producing CuO and ZnO composite thin films using the spin coating method on microscope glasses, Mater. Sci. Eng. B, 2013, 178, 368-374.
-  Zhang, H. L, Zhao G.Y., Xua L. Z , Preparation of the photosensitive copper complex and CuO film pattern. Appl. Surf. Sci., 2013, 274, 397-400.
-  Gulen Y, Bayansal F, ahin B.S. etinkarab H.A.C, and Guder H.S., Fabrication and characterization of Mn-doped CuO thin films by the SILAR method, Ceramics International, 2013, 39, 6475-6480.
-  Mageshwari K., and Sathyamoorthy R., Physical properties of nanocrystalline CuO thin films prepared by the SILAR method, Mat. Sci. Semicon. Proc., 2013, 16, 337-343.
-  D. Dodoo-Arhin, M. Leoni, and P. Scardi. Microemulsion Synthesis of Copper Oxide Nanorod-Structures, Mol. Cryst Liq. Cryst, 555 (1) (2012) 17-31.
-  W. M. Sears, and E. Fortin. Preparation and properties of Cu2O/Cu photovoltaic solar cell. Solar Energy Mater, 10(1) (1984) 93-103.
-  Ahmed N. Abd. Improved photoresponse of porous silicon photodetectors by embedding CdS nanoparticles. World Scientific News 19 (2015) 32-49.
-  Amit Kumar Srivastava, SubhashThota, and Jitendra Kumar Preparation, Microstructure and Optical Absorption Behaviour of NiO Thin Films, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. 89, 4111-4115, (2008).
-  N. B. Hasan and M. A. Mohammed, J. International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy, Vol. 53, pp. 146-153, (2015).
Publication order reference