Cardiovascular concerns from radiation therapy and other radiation exposure
Languages of publication
- 1. Darby SC, Ewertz M, McGale P et al. Risk of ischemic heart disease in women after radiotherapy for breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2013; 368(11): 987-998.
- 2. Frazier TH, Richardson JB, Fabré VC, Callen JP. Fluoroscopy-induced chronic radiation skin injury: a disease perhaps often overlooked. Arch Dermatol 2007; 143(5): 637-640.
- 3. Cuzick J, Stewart H, Rutqvist L et al. Cause-specific mortality in long-term survivors of breast cancer who participated in trials of radiotherapy. J Clin Oncol 1994; 12(3): 447-453.
- 4. McGale P, Taylor C, Correa C et al.; EBCTCG (Early Breast Cancer Trialists’ Collaborative Group): Effect of radiotherapy after mastectomy and axillary surgery on 10-year recurrence and 20-year breast cancer mortality: meta-analysis of individual patient data for 8135 women in 22 randomised trials. Lancet 2014; 383(9935): 2127-2135.
- 5. Paszat LF, Mackillop WJ, Groome PA et al. Mortality from myocardial infarction after adjuvant radiotherapy for breast cancer in the surveillance, epidemiology, and end-results cancer registries. J Clin Oncol 1998; 16(8): 2625-2631.
- 6. Harris EE, Correa C, Hwang WT et al. Late cardiac mortality and morbidity in early-stage breast cancer patients after breast-conservation treatment. J Clin Oncol 2006; 24(25): 4100-4106.
- 7. Darby S, McGale P, Correa C et al. Early Breast Cancer Trialists’ Collaborative Group (EBCTCG). Effect of radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery on 10-year recurrence and 15-year breast cancer death: meta-analysis of individual patient data for 10,801 women in 17 randomised trials. Lancet 2011; 378(9804): 1707-1716.
- 8. Berry JD, Dyer A, Cai X et al. Lifetime risks of cardiovascular disease. N Engl J Med 2012; 366(4): 321-329.
- 9. Das IJ, Cheng EC, Freedman G, Fowble B. Lung and heart dose volume analyses with CT simulator in radiation treatment of breast cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1998; 42(1): 11-19.
- 10. Nilsson G, Holmberg L, Garmo H et al. Distribution of coronary artery stenosis after radiation for breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2012; 30(4): 380-386.
- 11. van Nimwegen FA., Schaapveld M, Janus CP et al. Cardiovascular disease after Hodgkin lymphoma treatment: 40-year disease risk. JAMA Intern Med 2015; 175(6): 1007-1017.
- 12. Lancellotti P, Nkomo VT, Badano LP et al. Expert consensus for multi-modality imaging evaluation of cardiovascular complications of radiotherapy in adults: a report from the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging and the American Society of Echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2013; 26(9): 1013-1032.
- 13. Groarke JD, Tanguturi VK, Hainer J et al. Abnormal exercise response in long-term survivors of hodgkin lymphoma treated with thoracic irradiation: evidence of cardiac autonomic dysfunction and impact on outcomes. J Am Coll Cardiol 2015; 65(6): 573-583.
- 14. Klocke FJ, Baird MG, Lorell BH et al. ACC/AHA/ASNC guidelines for the clinical use of cardiac radionuclide imaging – executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (ACC/AHA/ASNC Committee to Revise the 1995 Guidelines for the Clinical Use of Cardiac Radionuclide Imaging). Circulation 2003; 108(11): 1404-1418.
- 15. Schwartz RG, McKenzie WB, Alexander J et al. Congestive heart failure and left ventricular dysfunction complicating doxorubicin therapy. Seven-year experience using serial radionuclide angiocardiography. Am J Med 1987; 82(6): 1109-1118.
Publication order reference