The budget as a tool for implementing local government tasks - an analysis of the budget of the city of Częstochowa
Languages of publication
The following study covers the topic of the budget of local government units, which is a tool for the implementation of local government tasks. The essence of the concept of budget was explained and its impact on shaping income and expenditure in local government units was described. In the empirical part of the study, the budget of the city of Częstochowa in 2014-2019 was analyzed, and the amount of individual revenues and expenses was indicated.
-  Zhang, Y., & Yang, K. (2009). Citizen participation in the budget process: The effect of city managers. Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management 21(2), 289
-  Shi, Min, and Jakob Svensson. Political budget cycles: Do they differ across countries and why? Journal of Public Economics 90(8-9) (2006) 1367-1389
-  Trenberth K. E., Kevin E., John T. Fasullo, and Jeffrey Kiehl. Earth's global energy budget. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 90(3) (2009) 311-324
-  Horngren Ch., Foster G., Datar S., Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis, Prentice Hall, New Jersey 2004, p. 128.
-  Hofstede, G. H. (Ed.). (2012). The game of budget control. Routledge, p. 234.
-  Kornai, J., Maskin, E., Roland, G. (2003). Understanding the soft budget constraint. Journal of Economic Literature, 41(4), 1095-1136
-  Brender, A., Drazen, A. (2005). Political budget cycles in new versus established democracies. Journal of Monetary Economics 52(7), 1271-1295
-  Soobaroyen, T., Chengabroyan, C. (2006). Auditors' perceptions of time budget pressure, premature sign offs and under‐reporting of chargeable time: evidence from a developing country. International Journal of Auditing, 10(3), 201-218
-  Posner, P. L., Park, C. K. (2008). Role of the Legislature in the Budget Process. OECD Journal on Budgeting, 7(3), 1-26.
-  Swain, M. R., Haka, S. F. (2000). Effects of information load on capital budgeting decisions. Behavioral Research in Accounting, 12, 171
-  Rodden, J. A., Rodden, J., Eskeland, G. S., Litvack, J. I. (Eds.). (2003). Fiscal decentralization and the challenge of hard budget constraints. MIT press, p. 22.
-  Breunig, C., Koski, C., Mortensen, P. B. (2010). Stability and punctuations in public spending: A comparative study of budget functions. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 20(3), p. 703-722.
-  Csűrös, G. (2013). Characteristics, functions and changes (?) of EU budget. Curentul Juridic 4, 92-107.
-  Manasse, P. (2005). Deficit limits, budget rules and fiscal policy. International Monetary Fund, WP/05/120
-  Hou, Y. (2006). Budgeting for fiscal stability over the business cycle: A countercyclical fiscal policy and the multiyear perspective on budgeting. Public Administration Review, 66(5), 730-741
-  Peterson, P. P., & Fabozzi, F. J. (2002). Capital budgeting: theory and practice (Vol. 10). John Wiley & Sons, p. 43-56.
-  Feltenstein, A., Iwata, S. (2002). Why is it so hard to finance budget deficits? Problems of a developing country. Journal of Asian Economics, 13(4), 531-544
Publication order reference