Experimental and computational study of levofloxacin as corrosion inhibitor for carbon steel in acidic media
Languages of publication
The corrosion inhibition behaviour of levofloxacin was investigated on carbon steel in 2 M HCl solution using potentiodynamic polarization measurement and Quantum chemical studies. The inhibitive effects of the studied compound increases with increasing concentration and increased with increasing temperature, the study revealed that levofloxacin is a mixed-type corrosion inhibitor. The adsorption of levofloxacin on carbon steel surface obey Langmuir adsorption isotherm and involve physical adsorption mechanism. Quantum chemical studies corroborate experimental results.
-  Abdullatef, O. A. (2015). Chemical and Electrochemical Studies on the corrosion of mild steel, copper and Zinc in 0.5 M H2SO4 Solution in presence of Azithromycin as effective corrosion inhibitor. Journal of Advances in Chemistry, 11 (6), 3642- 3655.
-  Akpan, I. A. & Offiong, N. O. (2014a). Electrochemical study of the corrosion of mild steel in hydrochloric acid by Amlodipine Drugs. International Journal of Chemistry and Materials Research, 2 (3), 23-29.
-  Akpan, I. A. & Offiong, N. O. (2014b). Electrochemical investigation of the inhibitory action of Ciprofloxacin Drugs on the acid corrosion of mild steel. Chemical and Process Engineering Research, 26, 20-23.
-  Ameh, P. O., Ukoha, P., Ejikeme, P. & Eddy N.O. (2016). Thermodynamic, chemical and Electrochemical investigation of 4-hydrobenzoic acid as corrosion inhibitor for mild steel corrosion in hydrochloric acid solution. Industrial Chemistry, 2(2), 2469-9764.
-  Bhawsar, J., Jain, P. K. and Jain, P. (2015). Experimental and Computational Studies of Nicotiana tabacum leaves extract as green corrosion inhibitor for mild steel in acidic medium. Alexandria Engineering Journal 54 (2015) 769-775.
-  A. S. Fouda, F. Sh. Mohamed, M. W. El-Sherbeni (2016). Corrosion Inhibition of Aluminnum-Silicon Alloy in Hydrochloric Acid Solutions Using Carbamide Thioanhydride Derivatives. Journal of Bio and Tribo-Corrosion, 2, 11. doi:10.1007/s40735-016-0039-y
-  Kumar, S., Vashisht, H., Olasunkanmi, L. O., Bahadur, I., Verma, H., Singh, G., Obot, I. B. and Ebenso, E. E. (2016). Experimental and Theoretical studies on the inhibition of mild steel corrosion by some synthesized polyurethane tri-block co-polymers. Scientific Reports, 6, 30937. doi:101038/srep30937.
-  Gerhard, H. K., Michiel, P. H. & Neil, G. T. (2001). Corrosion cost and preventive strategies in the United State. NACE.
-  Naqvi, I., Saleemi, A. R. and Naveed, S.(2011). Cefixime: A drug as efficient corrosion inhibitor for mild steel in acidic media. Electrochemical thermodynamic studies. International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 6 (2011), 146-161
-  Okafor, P. C., Ebenso, E. E. & Ekpe, U. J. (2010). Azadirachta indica extracts as corrosion inhibitor for mild steel in acid medium. International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 5, 978-993.
-  Siaka, A. A., Eddy, N. O., Idris, S. O., Magaji, L., Garba, Z. N. & Shabanda, I. S. (2013). Quantum Chemical Studies of corrosion inhibition and adsorption potentials of Amoxicillin on mild steel in HCl solution. International Journal of Modern Chemistry, 4(1), 1-10.
-  Krzysztof Rokosz, Tadeusz Hryniewicz, Stanisław Trzeszczkowski, Comparative Corrosion Study of Austenitic AISI 304L and 316Ti Stainless Steels in the Ammonium nitrate/Urea Solution (AUS). World Scientific News 49(2) (2016) 249-271
-  Krzysztof Rokosz, Tadeusz Hryniewicz, Michał Uran. A Study of Corrosion Behavior of Austenitic AISI 304L and 316Ti Stainless Steels in the Animal Slurry. World Scientific News 50 (2016) 174-185
Publication order reference