Game-based teaching children - a practical approach – Chapter III
Languages of publication
In relation to the two previous chapters whose main aim was to provide the range of theoretical issues concerning the field, this chapter is to scrutinize the matter in a more practical way. Therefore, the chapter then begins with the set of introductory issues describing the field of interest, which is presented by young children at the pre-school age in kindergarten context. Later on, some features characterizing the groups of children involved are provided in order to trace any potential obstacles to the subsequent observation. The following section, then, contains a brief description of the lessons which children took part in. Findings gathered on the basis of previous observation as well as conclusions and implications are to constitute the closing part of this chapter.
-  Żebrowska M., Psychologia rozwojowa dzieci i młodzieży Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN Warszawa 1977
-  Reilly V., Very young learners, Oxford University Press 1997
-  Krakowian B., Selected principles in teaching English as a foreign language to children and adults, Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego 2000.
-  Cameron L., Teaching Languages to Young Learners, Cambridge University Press 2001
-  Birch A. Malim T., Psychologia rozwojowa w zarysie Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN Warszawa 1997.
-  Fogiel M (ed.), The Psychology: Problem Solver, New Jersey: Research and Education Association, 1999
-  Komorowska Hanna, Metodyka Nauczania Języków Obcych (Methodology of teaching foreign languages), Warszawa: Fraszka Edukacyjna, 2001
-  Scott Wendy A. and Ytreberg Lisbeth H., Teaching English to Children, London and New York: Longman, 1990
-  Wortman Camille B., Loftus Elizabeth F., Psychology, 4th edition, New York: McGRAW-HILL, 1992
-  Byrne Donn, Teaching Oral English. London and New York: Longman, 1986
-  Dobson Julia M., Effective Techniques for English Conversation Groups, Washington: English Language Programs Division. Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. United States Information Agency, 1974/1997
-  Okoń W., Słownik pedagogiczny (Pedagogical Dictionary), Warszawa: PWN, 1992
-  Siek-Piskozub Teresa, Gry, Zabawy i Symulacje w Procesie Glottodydaktycznym (Games, Plays and Simulations in the Glottodidactic Process), Poznań: Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, 1995
-  Juul Jesper, Classic Game Definition, Half-real, 2005, in: Whitehead Jim, Classic Game Definition, January 2006, http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/classes/cmps080k/Winter06/lectures/classic-game-defn-01092006.pdf
-  Juul, Jesper. The Game, the Player, the World: Looking for a Heart of Gameness. University of Copenhagen. 2003. &lt;http://www.jesperjuul.net/text/gameplayerworld/&gt;
-  www: &lt;http://smhp.psych.ucla.edu/qf/transition_tt/earlydev.pdf&gt; „Your Child: Bringing Up Baby”. Newsweek Special Issue, October 16, 2000, in: Early Brain Development and Child Care: Discoveries about the growth and development of the young child’s brain have important implications for child care. Healthy Child Care America, 3(1) (1999)
-  www:&lt;http://smhp.psych.ucla.edu/qf/transition_tt/earlydev.pdf&gt; „Your Child: Bringing Up Baby”. Newsweek Special Issue, October 16, 2000, in: Early Development and Learning from the Perspective of Addressing Barriers: Developmental Milestones &amp; Ways Caregivers Can Promote Healthy Development, 2001: 24
Publication order reference