Inhibition studies of Spondias mombin L. in 0.1 HCl solution on mild steel and verification of a new temperature coefficient of inhibition efficiency equation for adsorption mechanism elucidation
Languages of publication
This research investigated the inhibition behavior of Spondias mombin leaf (SML) extracts in 0.1 M HCl solution on mild steel at various concentrations and temperatures. Result revealed that the inhibition efficiency of the extract on the mild steel sheet increased with increasing concentration of the extract and decreased with increase in temperature. Therefore, the adsorption mechanism of the extract on the mild steel surface is physical. Calculated Correlation Coefficient (R2) values showed that the process followed Freundlich adsorption isotherm. The new temperature coefficient equation of adsorption mechanism was found to be appropriate.
-  Umoren, S. A., Obot, I. B. and Obi-Egbedi, N. O. (2009). Raphia hookeri gum as a potential eco-friendly inhibitor for mild steel in sulfuric acid. J Mater Sci. 44, 274–279.
-  K. A. Abo, V. O. Ogunleye, J. S. Ashidi. Antimicrobial potential of Spondias mombin, croton zambesicus and Zygotritonia crocea. Phytotherapy Research Volume 13, Issue 6, September 1999, Pages 494–497
-  Jozef Corthout, L. A. Pieters, M. Claeys, D. A. Vanden, Berghe, A. J. Vlietinck. Antiviral ellagitannins from Spondias mombin. Phytochemistry Volume 30, Issue 4, 1991, Pages 1129-1130, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9422(00)95187-2
-  Katia F. Rodrigues and Gary J. Samuels. Fungal endophytes of Spondias mombin leaves in Brazil. Journal of Basic Microbiology Volume 39, Issue 2, May 1999 Pages 131–135
-  Katia F. Rodrigues, Manfred Hesse and Christa Werner. Antimicrobial activities of secondary metabolites produced by endophytic fungi from Spondias mombin. Journal of Basic Microbiology Volume 40, Issue 4, August 2000 Pages 261–267
-  J. Corthout, L. Pieters, M. Claeys, D. Vanden Berghe, A. Vlietinck. Antiviral caffeoyl esters from Spondias mombin. Phytochemistry Volume 31, Issue 6, June 1992, Pages 1979-1981, https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-9422(92)80344-E
-  Abiodun O. Ayoka, Rufus O. Akomolafe, Ezekiel O. Iwalewa, Moses A. Akanmu, Otas E. Ukponmwan. Sedative, antiepileptic and antipsychotic effects of Spondias mombin L. (Anacardiaceae) in mice and rats. Journal of Ethnopharmacology Volume 103, Issue 2, 16 January 2006, Pages 166-175, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2005.07.019
-  Leopoldo Cruz-López, Edi A. Malo, Jorge Toledo, Armando Virgen, Alejandro Del Mazo, Julio C. Rojas. A New Potential Attractant for Anastrepha obliqua from Spondias mombin Fruits. Journal of Chemical Ecology February 2006, Volume 32, Issue 2, pp 351–365
-  Nigel J. Coates, Martin L. Gilpin, Mick N. Gwynn, David E. Lewis, Peter H. Milner, Simon R. Spear, John W. Tyler. SB-202742, a Novel β-Lactamase Inhibitor Isolated from Spondias mombin. J. Nat. Prod. 1994, 57 (5), pp 654–657, DOI:10.1021/np50107a016
Publication order reference