Effective ways of dealing with discipline problems when teaching adolescent learners
Languages of publication
“As in other social settings, every classroom will have a few students who will choose not to involve themselves in classroom activities and, instead, be disruptive forces”. Managing disruptive behavior calls for a special set of techniques and ways to change it, at least during the time that the student is in school (Arends1991:170-172). The aim of this paper is to discover whether teachers employ multifarious techniques and strategies while dealing with discipline problems and how these techniques work in the classroom context.
-  Arends, R.,I. 1991. Learning to teach. New York: McGraw-Hill.
-  Brown, D. 1994. Teaching by principles. Prentice Hall Regents.
-  Child, D. 1997. Psychology and the teacher. Washington: Continuum.
-  Fontana, D. 1988. Psychology for teachers. British Psychological Society in association with Macmillan Publishers Ltd.
-  Gower, R., Philips, D., Walters, S. 1995. Teaching Practise Handbook. Heinemann.
-  Gearheart, B., R., Weishahn, M., W., Gearheart, C., J. 1988. The exceptional student in the regular classroom. Ohio: Merrill Publishing Company A Bell & Howell Information Company.
-  Harmer, J. 1990. The practise of English language teaching. London and New York: Longman.
-  Harmer, J. 1991. The practise of English language teaching. New editon. London and New York: Longman.
-  Harmer, J. 2001. The practise of English language teaching. Harlow: Person Education.
-  Kaplan, P.S. 1990. Educational Psychology for Tommorow’s Teachers. West Publishing Company.
-  Kenneth, Ch. 1988. Developing second – language skills. Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Publishers.
-  Linsle, C. 2004 “On their best behavior” English Teaching Professional issue 32
-  Mattheoudaki, M. 2001. “Discipline – a flexible approach” Modern English Teacher 10/2.
-  McManus, M. 1995. Troublesome behavior in the classroom. Meeting individual needs. London and New York: Routledge.
-  Mieszalski, S. 1997. O przymusie i dyscyplinie w klasie szkolnej. Warszawa; Wydawnictwa Szkolne i pedagogiczne
-  Mongon, D., Hart, S., Ace, Ch., Rawlings, A. 1989. Improving Classroom Behavior: New Directions for Teachers and Pupils. New York: Teachers College, Columbia University.
-  Morse, W.C. and Wingo, G.M. 1969. Psychology and Teaching. Scott Foresman and Company.
-  Nunan, D. and Lumb, C. 1996. The self directed teacher. Managing the learning process. Cambridge; CUP.
-  Prodromou, L. 1992. Mixed ability classes. Macmillan Publishers.
-  Robertson, J. 1998. Jak zapewnić dyscyplinę, ład i uwagę w klasie. Warszawa, Wydawnictwa Szkolne i Pedagogiczne.
-  Rudiger-Harper, J. 1998. „Teaching teenagers: motivation and discipline“ Modern English Teacher 7/2.
-  Sulich, M. 2004. “Keeping discipline in the classroom” English Teaching Forum 42/3
-  Ur, P. 1999. “Classroom management and discipline in adolescent classes” Network 2/2
-  Walker, C. and Newman, I. 1991 “Whole school discipline” Practical English Teaching 12/1
-  Walker, C. and Newman, I. 1991 “Classroom discipline” Practical English Teaching 12/2
Publication order reference