Synthesis and Characterization of Emulsion Polymerization of Acrylate Monomers
Languages of publication
A recently developed successful approach to achieve the balance of properties involves the copolymerization of film forming monomers like acrylates and methacrylates. The copolymerization of acrylate based monomer having different alkyl group offers the opportunity to study the effect of the alkyl substituents on the polymer properties. The objective is to study their copolymerization behavior with acrylate or combination of acrylates of varying chemical nature using free radical initiator and to correlate the composition of the copolymers with their physical properties suitable for its use as coating on hard surfaces.
-  C. Laureau, M. Vicente, M. J. Barandiaran, J. R. Leiza and J. M. Asua, J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 81 (5) (2001) 1258.
-  M. D. Gower and R. A. Shank, J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 93 (6) (2004) 2909.
-  Mayer, T. Pith, G. H. Hu and M. Lambla, J. Polym. Sci. Polym. Phys. 33 (1995) 1781.
-  M. D. Bhabhe, P. S. Galvankar, V. M. Desai and V. D. Athawale, J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 56 (4), (1995) 485.
-  S. Bajpai, I. Nigam, and J.S.P. Rai J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 112(4) (2009) 2374.
-  ASTM D 3363-00. ‘Test Methods for Film Hardness by Pencil Test’ in Annual Book of ASTM Standard (1994).
-  ASTM D 3359-93. ‘Test Methods for Measuring Adhesion by Tape Test’ in Annual Book of ASTM Standard (1994).
-  ASTM D 522-88. ‘Test Methods for Mandrel Bend Test of coatings’ in Annual Book of ASTM Standard (1989).
-  ASTM D 523-99. ‘Test Methods for Specular Gloss’ in Annual Book of ASTM Standard (1999).
-  Chapman and Hall, Surface Coating, Raw Materials and their usage, London, Vol. 1, Chap. 24, (1992) 356.
Publication order reference