Innovation management in logistics
Languages of publication
Electronic and IT technology, transforming the figure of the old world many times, constantly contributes to the development of many scientific fields. Nowadays, we can not imagine communication between enterprises, institutions or personnel communication without information technology. One of the effects of the dissemination of this technology is the Internet, which is applicable in almost every field. The purpose of the considerations is to approximate the importance of the role of innovative management in logistics. To achieve it, selected current literature sources were taken into account, analysis of cargo transport by road was presented. Moreover special attention was paid to the relationship between the management process and selected examples of innovation management techniques and tools that currently dominate the market and are used by major organizations.
-  Christian Busse, Carl Marcus Wallenburg, (2011). Innovation management of logistics service providers: Foundations, review, and research agenda. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Vol. 41, Issue: 2, pp. 187-218
-  Daniel J. Flint, Everth Larsson, Britta Gammelgaard, John T. Mentzer, Logistics innovation: a customer value-oriented social process. Journal of Business Logistic Volume 26, Issue 1, Spring 2005, Pages 113-147
-  Maria Björklund and Helena Forslund, Exploring the sustainable logistics innovation process. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 118, 1, (204), (2018).
-  Christopher A. Boone, Joseph B. Skipper and Benjamin T. Hazen, A framework for investigating the role of big data in service parts management. Journal of Cleaner Production, 153, (687), (2017).
-  Thomas J. Kull and Scott C. Ellis, Coping With Dependence: A Logistics Strategy Based on Interorganizational Learning for Managing Buyer–Supplier Relations. Journal of Business Logistics, 37, 4, (346-363), (2016).
-  Matthew A. Douglas, Robert E. Overstreet and Benjamin T. Hazen, Art of the possible or fool's errand? Diffusion of large-scale management innovation, Business Horizons, 59, 4, (379), (2016).
-  Geoff Willis, Stefan E. Genchev and Haozhe Chen, Supply chain learning, integration, and flexibility performance: an empirical study in India. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 27, 3, (755), (2016).
-  Yemisi A. Bolumole, David J. Closs and Frederick A. Rodammer, The Economic Development Role of Regional Logistics Hubs: A Cross‐Country Study of Interorganizational Governance Models, Journal of Business Logistics, 36, 2, (182-198), (2015).
-  Richard Germain. The role of context and structure in radical and incremental logistics innovation adoption. Journal of Business Research Volume 35, Issue 2, February 1996, Pages 117-127
-  K. Pehlivanis, M. Pappagianni, A. Styliadis, Virtual reality and logistics, Proceedings of the International Conference on Theory and Applications of Mathematics and Informatics - ICTAMI 2004, Thessaloniki, Greece (2004) 377-384.
Publication order reference