Numerical Analysis of Flow Structure in Reciprocating Compressor
Languages of publication
In line with current rapidly developing technology, mechanization in industry is increasing. In this case, all components that form a machine are becoming important. Compressor plays an important role in operations of numerous machineries. They are used for increasing pressure by compressing gas. Compressors have various types and especially in industries such as automotive, textile, and manufacturing, reciprocating compressors are frequently used. Reciprocating compressors consist of cylinder, piston, and crank and connecting rod mechanism. These components work by narrowing the volume inside the cylinder and increasing gas pressure inside. In this study, flow structure inside a reciprocating compressor was numerically analysed. For this purpose, models were created for 2 different crank angles of a reciprocating compressor. Simulations were made for different pipe angles of inlet pipe and outlet pipe. Valve openings were kept constant at 6 mm. Input and output angles of inlet and outlet pipes to cylinder was changed as 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°. As a result, it was determined that as the angle of inlet and outlet pipes changed, general flow structure inside the cylinder changed as well. Especially, there were differences in velocity vectors plotted for input and output of the flow from valve to cylinder.
-  Mahmood Farzaneh Gord, Hossein Khoshnazar, Valve fault detection for single-stage reciprocating compressors. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering 35 (2016) 1239-1248.
-  V.L.Yusha, S.S. Busarov, R.Yu. Goshlya, A.V. Nedovenchanyi, B.S. Sazhin, M.A. Chizhikov, I.S. Busarov, The experimental research of the thermal conditions in slow velocity stage of air reciprocating compressor. Procedia Engineering 152 (2016) 297 – 302.
-  Jiu Xu, Pega Hrnjak, Quantiﬁcation of ﬂow and retention of oil in compressor discharge pipe. International journal of refrigeration 80 (2017) 252–263.
-  Pont, J. López, J. Rigola, C.D. Pérez-Segarra, Numerical dynamic analysis of reciprocating compressor mechanism. Parametric studies for optimization purposes. Tribology International 105 (2017) 1-4.
-  Bin Zhao, Xiaohan Jia, Yang Zhang, Jianmei Feng, Xueyuan Peng, Investigation on transient temperature of a reciprocating compressor based on a two-thermocouple probe. International Journal of Thermal Science 122 (2017) 313-325.
-  Thiago Dutra, Cesar J. Deschamps, A simulation approach for hermetic reciprocating compressors including electrical motor modeling. International journal of refrigeration 59 (2015) 168–181.
-  Marie-Eve Duprez, Eric Dumont, Marc Frère, Modelling of reciprocating and scroll compressor. International Journal of Refrigeration 30 (2007) 873-886.
-  S.S. Busarov, A.V. Tretyakov, K.V. Sherban, P.D. Balakin, Thermal stress state of the parts of quasi-isothermal long-stroke low flow stages in reciprocating compressors. Procedia Engineering 152 (2016) 303-308.
-  H.K. Versteeg and W. Malalasekera, An Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics: The Finite Volume Method, Longman (2005).
Publication order reference