Reduction of BER using RSC code for Optical Code Division Multiple Access Networks
Languages of publication
In this study, a two dimensional (2-D) wavelength hopping and time spreading (WHTS) optical code division multiple access (OCDMA) code is designed using Sparse ruler technique. The proposed 64 bit 2-D code is constructed by an algorithm based on random spacing of sparse codes referred in this work as Random Sparse Code (RSC). The performance of the proposed 2-D RSC is evaluated in terms of bit error rate (BER), received signal power and time domain analysis of received signals. The system performance of the OCDMA system utilizing 2-D RSC code improved significantly due to less BER, low cross correlation property and simple encoder/decoder design. The output BER is much lower at a data rate of 1.25 gbps and 2.5 gbps for a distance of 100 km with ITU-T standard single mode fiber with attenuation level of 0.2dB/km.
-  Zouine Y, Dayoub I, Haxha S, Rouvaen J. M., Analyses of constraints on high speed optical code division multiplexing access (OCDMA) link parameters due to fiber optic chromatic dispersion. Journal of Optical Communication, 281 (2008) 1030-1036
-  S.Yegnanarayanan, A.S. Bhushan, B. Jalali, Fast wavelength-hopping time spreading encoding/decoding for optical CDMA. IEEE Photonic Technol. Letters 12 (2000) 166-177
-  Satyasen Panda, Effect of SHIFTZCC codes for optical CDMA system. World Scientific News 67 (2017) 365-389
-  Satyasen Panda, Two dimensional optical CDMA network with incoherent detection technique. Imperial journal of interdisciplinary research, 3 (2017) 818-827
-  M. Elad, Sparse and Redundant Representations: From Theory to Applications in Signal and Image Processing, Springer, 2010.
-  M. Aharon, M. Elad, and A. Bruckstein, K-SVD: An algorithm for designing over complete dictionaries for sparse representation. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 54 (2006) 4311-4322
-  Zou Wei, H. M. H. Shalaby, H. Ghafouri-shiraz. Modified quadratic congruence code for fiber Bragg Grating based spectral amplitude coding optical cdma system. Journal of light wave technology 19 (2001) 1274-1281
-  J. H. Wen, J. S. Jhou, C. P. Li. Optical spectral amplitude coding cdma systems using perfect difference code and interference estimation. IEEE proceedings Optoelectronics, 153 (2006) 152-160
-  Satyasen Panda, Three dimensional optical CDMA framework with direct detection technique. World Scientific News 77 (2017) 337-353
Publication order reference