An Approach to Secure Communication in IoT (Internet of Things)
Languages of publication
The term Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the use of standard internet protocols for interaction between human to things or things to things in an embedded network. Although the security needs are well-recognized, it is still not fully clear how existing IP-based security protocols can be applied to this new setting. In this paper we discuss the various security challenges in an IoT system. The paper also provides a standard IP-based security protocols and its implementation model which can be used as a security system for IoT.
-  IETF 6LoWPAN Working Group. http://tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/. online, last visited 30. June 2011.
-  G. Montenegro, N. Kushalnagar, J. Hui, and D. Culler. Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.15.4 Networks, RFC 4944, September 2007.
-  Heer, T., Garcia-Morchon, O., Hummen, R. et al. Security Challenges in the IP-based Internet of Things. Wireless Pers Commun 61, 527–542 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-011-0385-5
-  AUTO-ID LABS. http://www.autoidlabs.org/. online, last visited 30. June 2011.
-  E. Kim, D. Kaspar, N. Chevrollier, and JP. Vasseur. Design and Application Spaces for 6LoWPANs draft-ietf-6lowpan-usecases-09, January 2011.
-  S. Blake-Wilson, N. Bolyard, V. Gupta, C. Hawk, and B. Moeller. “Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS)” RFC 4492 (Informational), May 2006. Updated by RFC 5246.
-  D. Fu and J. Solinas. Elliptic Curve Groups modulo a Prime (ECP Groups) for IKE and IKEv2, RFC 5903 (Informational), June 2010.
-  IETF Constrained REST ful Environment (CoRE) Working Group. https://datatracker.ietf.org /wg /core/charter /. online, last visited 30. June 2011.
-  Z. Shelby, K. Hartke, C. Bormann, and B. Frank. “ Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP). draft-ietf-core- coap-04 (Internet Draft)”, January 2011.
-  C. Kaufman. Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol, RFC 4306, December 2005. Updated by RFC 5282.
-  T. Dierks and E. Rescorla. The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.2, RFC 5246, August 2008. Updated by RFCs 5746, 5878.
-  T. Phelan. Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) over the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP), RFC 5238, May 2008.
-  R. Moskowitz, P. Nikander, P. Jokela, and T. Henderson. Host Identity Protocol. RFC 5201 (Experimental), April 2008.
-  R. Moskowitz, P. Jokela, T. Henderson, and T. Heer. Host Identity Protocol Version 2. draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201- bis-03 (Work in progress), October 2011.
-  D. Forsberg, Y. Ohba, B. Patil, H. Tschofenig, and A. Yegin. Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access (PANA). RFC 5191, May 2008.
-  B. Aboba, L. Blunk, J. Vollbrecht, J. Carlson, and H. Levkowetz. Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), RFC 3748, June 2004.
-  T. Ylonen and C. Lonvick. The Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol Architecture. RFC4251, January 2006.
-  Perrig, A., Szewczyk, R., Tygar, J. et al. SPINS: Security Protocols for Sensor Networks. Wireless Networks 8, 521–534 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1016598314198
Publication order reference