The efficacy of group logo therapy on reducing depression among people addicted to drugs
Languages of publication
The aim of the present research was to determine the efficacy of group logo therapy on reducing depression among people addicted to drugs. This research is experimental based on pretest and posttest with a control group. The population under study includes addicts referring to methadone treatment centers for drug addiction in the city of Ghorveh (Niko Salamat) in 2013. The sample size of 60 addicts referring to drug addiction clinic was selected based on the simple random sampling. Then based on the questionnaire scores, as many as 20 people who scored the highest scores in the depression questionnaire were chosen and placed randomly under the control and experimental groups. The experimental group was placed under 10 sessions (1.5 hours) of group logo therapy while the control group was placed under no treatment (covariance analysis) and descriptive statistics were used. Findings revealed that the average depression scores in the experimental group posttest are significantly lower than that of the control Group. On the ground of the research findings, one can say that group logo therapy is effective in reducing depression of then addicts.
-  Atkinson, R. (2005). The Hilgard psychology background, Tehran: Arjomand, publication.
-  Curry, G. (2008). Theory and application of counseling and psychoanalysis. Tehran: Arsban publication.
-  Frankl, V. (1963). Man in the hunt for meaning. Tehran: Dorsa publications.
-  Frankl, V. (1969). The will to meaning: Foundations and applications of logotherapy.
-  Ghaderi, F., Khordi mod, m., & Afshari, R. (2009). The effect of mothers' depression on the children mouth health, Journal of dentistry at the University of Shiraz. 10(1): 89-91.
-  Ghanbarizarandi, Z., & Goodarzi, M. (2008). The efficacy of group counseling with the logo therapy ion promoting the general health level of women affected by quakes. Journal of women research. 2(4): 57-66.
-  Gharachedaghi, M. (2001). To come to good from bad, Tehran: Aryankar publications .
-  Gholami, M., Pasha, G. R., Sodani, M. (2009). the efficacy of group lo0go therapy educatioon on the life expectancy and general helath level of patients of female girls affected with thalessimia, Journal of danesh and pezohesh in applied psychology. 42: 25-45.
-  Grefmi, H., Shafiabadi, A., & Sanaee zaker, B. (2009). The efficacy of group Logo therapy on reducing the mental problems of women affected with breast cancer. Journal of Thought and Behavior. 4(13): 35-42.
-  Hawton, K., Sulcus, K., Kirk, J., & Clark, D. (2007). Cognitive behavioral therapy (translated by Habibullah Qasemzadeh). Tehran: Arjmand publication. (Original publication date: 1989).
-  Islamdoost, S. (2010). Addiction, (Treatment etiology), Tehran: Payame Noor publication.
-  Kamarzarrin, H., Zare, H., & Brookimilan, H. (2012). The efficacy of behavioral cognitive treatment on increasing self efficiency and improving addiction signs among the patients dependant on substances. Journal of addiction research. 6(22): 75-85.
-  Kamarzarrin, H. (2013). The effectiveness of the logo therapy – based group counseling on reducing anxiety and increasing the life expectancy among mothers of the children of divorce. World of Sciences Journal. 1(8): 79-88.
-  Kamarzarrin, H., Khaledian, M., Shooshtari, M., & Ahmadimehr, Z. (2013). A Study on efficiency of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on increasing Self- Efficacy and improving addiction symptom among Drug Dependency Patients. Technical Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 3(13): 1297-1304.
-  Kang, K., Jea, I.M., Kim, I.M., Hee-su, K., Shingjeang, K., Mi-Kyung, S., & Sonyong, S. (2009). The effect of Logotherapy on the suffering, findingmeaning,and spiritual well-being of Adolescents with Terminal cancer. Journal of Current Directions in Psychological Science: 312- 319.
-  Khaledian, M., Gharibi, H., Gholizade, Z., & Shakeri, R. (2013). The efficacy of cognitive –behavioral group treatment on reducing depression and life expectancy rise in the empty nest syndrome, Journal of family counseling & psychotherapy. 2(3): 261-279.
-  Khaledian, M., Hasanpour, S., Kheirkhah, Z., & Ghalandari, S. (2013). The Relationship between Attachment Lifestyle with Depression and Life Expectancy. Indian Journal of Education & Information Management. 2(2): 573- 580.
-  Momtazi, S. (2002). Family and addiction. Zanjan: Mahdis publications.
-  Moshtaghi, M., Allame, S, F., & Aghaee, A. (2011). The efficacy of group logo therapy on promoting the general mental level of the blind in Isfahan. Journal of psychology papers.
-  Mozafar, H., Zekariaee, M., & Sabeti, M. (2009). Cultural anomie and drug abuse among young people aged 13 -28 in Tehran. Social Science Research Journal. 3(4): 33-54.
-  Prochesca, J., & Norcross, C. (1999). Theories of psychotherapy. Translated by seyed mohammadi. Tehran: Rushed publisher.
-  Richard, S. C. (2007), Theories of psychotherapy and counseling, (trans. By Mehrdad Firoozbakht), Tehran: Rasa cultural services.
-  Shoakazemi, M., & Sadati, M. (2010). Investigating the effects of logo therapy aspects (responsibility, freedom and values), on reducing hopelessness among the women affected by cancer, Periodical of breast cancer. 3(1,2): 40-48.
-  Wong, PTP. (2000). Meaning in life and meaning in death in successful aging. Pensilvania: Brunnermazel.
-  Yousefi, N., & Khaledian, M. (2012). Examining the personal factors, family and environmental factors and then peoples' inclination to addiction. Journal of crime prevention studies. 7(25): 77-94.
Publication order reference