Flowshop scheduling with respect to transport time, break-time and weight of jobs using Nawaz, Enscor and Ham (NEH) methods
Languages of publication
This research discusses a production scheduling by using flowshop type production scheduling with respect to transportation time, break-time and weight of jobs. The data used are four job scheduling on three machines. In addition, there is inter-machine transport time. The method was used in this research is NEH Method. Based on the results, the NEH method obtained a makespan value of 56 hours with a weighted mean flow time of 34.07 hours.
- Ahmad, Q. S. Khan, M. (2015). Constrained Flow-Shop Scheduling Problem with m Machines. Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology Vol. 2 Issue 2, 169-172.
-  Alharkan, I. M. (2005). Algorithms for sequencing and scheduling. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.: Industrial Engineering Department, King Saud University.
-  Ancau, M. (2012). On solving flowshop scheduling problems. Proceedings of The Romanian Academy, Series A, Volume 13, Number 1, 71-79.
-  Baker, K. (1974). Introduction to Sequencing and Scheduling. America: John Wiley and Son Inc.
-  Baker, K. (2009). Principles Of Sequencing And Scheduling. America: John Wiley and Son Inc.
-  Baskar, A. Anthony, X. M. (2012). A Simple Model To Optimize General Flow-Shop Scheduling Problems With Known Break Down Time And Weights Of Jobs. International Conference on Modelling, Optimization and Computing (ICMOC 2012).
-  Berhan, E., Jilcha, K. G. Wolde, M. (2018). Production improvement with flow shop scheduling heuristics in Household utensils manufacturing company. Cogent Engineering (2018), 5: 1430007, 1-11.
-  Chandramouli, A. (2005). Heuristic Approach For N-Job, 3-Machine Flow Shop Scheduling Problem Involving Transportation Time, Break Down Time And Weights Of Jobs. Mathematical And Computational Applications, Vol. 10, No. 2, Pp. 301-305, 2005.
-  Deepak Gupta, Payal Singla, Shashi Bala, Renuka. (2012). Constrained Multi-Stage Flowshop Scheduling Including Transportation Time and Weights of Jobs With Break-Down Interval Having Job Block Criteria, the Processing Time Associated with Their Respective Probabilities. Int. Journal of Math. Analysis, Vol. 6, 2012, no. 43, 2133 - 2139.
-  Dominik Jena, S., Poggi de Aragão, M. da Silva, D. (2009). Competitive Deterministic Heuristics for Permutation Flow Shop Scheduling. 1-20. Monogra as em Ciência da Computação, Brasil.
-  Gao, J. Chen, R. (2011). An NEH-based heuristic algorithm for distributed permutation flowshop scheduling problems. Scientific Research and Essays Vol. 6(14), 3094-3100.
-  Gupta, D., Sharma, S. Sharma, S. (2011). Heuristic Approach for n-Jobs, 3-Machines Flow Shop Scheduling Problem, Processing Time Associated With Probabilities Involving Transportation Time, Break-Down Interval, Weightage of Jobs and Job Block Criteria. Mathematical Theory and Modeling Vol.1, No.1., 30-36.
-  Gupta, D., Singla, P. Bala, S. (2012). Constrained N-job, 3-machine flow shop scheduling problem with transportation time. International Journal of Research in Engineering & Applied Sciences Volume 2, Issue 2, 321-326.
-  Hadda, H., Dridi, N. Hajji, M. (2018). On the optimality conditions of the two-machine flow shop problem. European Journal of Operational Research 266, 426-435.
-  Hossain, M., Asadujjaman, M., Nayon, M. A. Bhattacharya, P. (2014). Minimization of Makespan in Flow Shop Scheduling Using Heuristics. International Conference on Mechanical, Industrial and Energy Engineering 2014 ICMIEE-PI-140163-2.
-  Hyung-Jun, K. Jun-Ho, L. (2017). A Branch and Bound Algorithm forThree-Machine Flow Shop with Overlapping Waiting Time Constraints. IFAC Papers OnLine 50-1, 1101–1105.
-  Ichoro Nabeshima, Shingeko Maruyama. (1984). Two and Three-machine Flowshop Makespan Scheduling Problems With Additional Times Separated From Processing Times. Journal Of The Operational Resarch Society Of Japan Vol. 27, 348-366.
-  Khodadadi, A. (2012). Solving Weighted Flow-Shop Scheduling Problem Involving Break-Down Time of Jobs for Machines. Journal of International Academic Research (2012) Vol. 12, No. 1.
-  Kubo, S. Nishinari, K. (2018). Applications of max-plus algebra to flow shop scheduling problem. Discrete Applied Mathematics.
-  Liu, W., Jin, Y. Price, M. (2017). A new improved NEH heuristic for permutation ﬂowshopscheduling problem. International Journal of Production Economics 193, 21-30.
-  Modrak, V. Pandian, R. (2010). Flow shop scheduling algorithm to minimize completion time. Technical Gazette 17, 3 273-278.
-  Pandian, P. Rajendran, P. (2010). Solving Constrained Flow-Shop Scheduling Problems with Three Machines. Int. J. Contemp. Math. Sciences, Vol. 5, 2010, no. 19, 921 - 929.
-  Reza Hejazi, S. Saghafian, S. (2005). Flowshop-scheduling problems with makespan criterion: a review. International Journal Of Production Research Volume 43 - Issue 14, 2895-2929.
-  Sadjadi, S., Aryanezhad, M. Ziaee, M. (2008). The General Flowshop Scheduling Problem: Mathematical Models. Journal of Applied Science 8(17), 3032-3037.
-  Semančo, P. Modrák, V. (2012). A Comparison of Constructive Heuristics with the Objective of Minimizing Makespan in the Flow-Shop Scheduling Problem. Acta Polytechnica Hungarica Vol. 9, No. 5, 177-190.
-  Singhal, E., Singh, S. Dayma, A. (2012). An Improved Heuristic for Permutation Flow Shop Scheduling (NEH Algorithm). International Journal Of Computational Engineering Research Vol. 2 Issue. 6, 95-100.
-  Taillard, E. (1990). Some Efficient Heuristic Methods For The Flow Shop Sequencing Problem. European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 47, 65-74.
-  Taillard, E. (1993). Benchmark for Basic Scheduling Problems. European Journal of Operational Research, Volume 64, Issue-2, 278-285.
-  Wang, B., Huang, K. Li, T. (2018). Permutation Flowshop Scheduling with Time Lag Constraints and Makespan. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 1-44.
-  Wu, G., Chen, J. Wang, J. (2018). On Scheduling Multiple Two-Stage Flowshops. Theoretical Computer Science, 1-19.
Publication order reference