The tourism industry as a significant link in the European economy
Languages of publication
In the paper there is presented the tourism industry in relation to European economy. The attention was given to the European economy and its importance at the level of global economic system. The special emphasis was put on the tourism industry and its significant contribution to the European economy. Some data gathered from The World Travel and Tourism Organization and Eurostat was compiled to show and confirm the important role of the tourism industry in Europe. The data concern inter alia the receipts and expenditure made by Europeans for various tourist purposes, as well as the contribution of tourism industry to the European economy on the basis of the share in GDP in years 2013-2015.
-  M. Szajt, Circumstances of Innovativity Growth in European Countries (2006) Socio - Economic Background of Management Processes in European Union. Ed. by J. Urbańska, pp. 199-205.
-  P. Vaško, J. Hollý, R. Stasiak-Betlejewska, Applying the Principles of Circular Economy in the European Union (2016) Quality Production Improvement, Ed. by R. Ulewicz, M. Blaskova, pp. 130-142.
-  F. Higgins-Desbiolles, More than an ‘‘industry’’: The forgotten power of tourism as a social force. Tourism Management 27 (2006) 1192-1208
-  Gjalt de Jong, Vo van Dut, J. Björn, M. Philipp, Does country context distance determine subsidiary decision-making autonomy? Theory and evidence from European transition economies. International Business Review 24 (2015) 874-889
-  L. Sczupak, Versatility of Economic Activity as an Element of Sustainable Socio-Economic Development of Rural Areas (2010) The Role of Business in Achieving Sustainability. Instruments and Strategies. Ed. by V., Modrak, T. Nitkiewicz, pp. 208-228
-  M. Zawada, Energy Consumption and GDP in EU Countries. A Comparative Analysis (2006) The Challenges for Reconversion. Innovation - Sustainability - Knowledge Management. Ed. by P. Pachura, pp. 215-224
-  R. Buckley, Sustainable tourism: research and reality (2012) Annals of Tourism Research Vol. 39, No. 2, Elsevier, pp. 528–546
-  Publication of WTTC available at: http://www.wttc.org/-/media/files/reports/ economic%20impact%20research/regional%202015/europe2015.pdf
-  A. Mesjasz-Lech, M. Wilk, Utilisation of Tourist Accommodation Establishments in Poland as a Significant Feature of Logistic Infrastructure in the Field of Tourism - Selected Aspects (2014) FIKUSZ Symposium for Young Researchers. Budapest, 14th November 2014. Proceedings. Ed. by A. Keszthelyi, pp. 197-210
-  Publication of Eurostat: available at: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php / Tourism_statistics_-_expenditure
-  Data gathered from Eurostat available at: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/File:Expenditure_by_destination_(domestic_outbound)_and_by_duration_of_the_trip,_2013_.png
-  J. Łukomska-Szarek, A. Wójcik-Mazur, Realization of a Budgetary Expenditures in the Area of Transport and Communication by Local Self-Government Units in Poland (2015) 17th International Conference on Transport Science. Maritime, Transport and Logistics Science. May 21st-22nd, 2015, Portoroz, Slovenia. Conference Proceedings, pp. 240-250
-  Data gathered from Eurostat available at: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/ index.php/File:Travel_receipts_and_expenditure_in_balance_of_payments,_2010%E2%80%9314_YB16.png
Publication order reference