A short note on recycled concrete aggregate
Languages of publication
For any type of construction projects, concrete is one of the most important materials. But the continuous use of fresh concrete is not good for our environment. The demolition of a building may produce a huge amount of wastage products. If we can use this demolished concrete as recycled concrete instead of a certain amount of natural concrete, then we can save energy, cost, money and environment too. So, the exercise of recycled concrete aggregate protects the environment from different harmful effects and also considered as a cost effective material. This paper narrates the various productions and applications of recycled concrete aggregate in the construction industry. This paper also discusses the various properties of recycled aggregates and compares with the natural aggregates.
-  Berndt, M.L., 2009. Properties of sustainable concrete containing fly ash, slag and recycled concrete aggregate. Construction and building materials 23(7), pp. 2606-2613.
-  Ismail, S. and Ramli, M., 2013. Engineering properties of treated recycled concrete aggregate (RCA) for structural applications. Construction and Building Materials, 44, pp. 464-476.
-  Tang, Y.C., Li, L.J., Feng, W.X., Liu, F. and Liao, B., 2017. Seismic performance of recycled aggregate concrete–filled steel tube columns. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 133, pp. 112-124.
-  Butler, L., West, J.S. and Tighe, S.L., 2011. The effect of recycled concrete aggregate properties on the bond strength between RCA concrete and steel reinforcement. Cement and Concrete Research, 41(10), pp. 1037-1049.
-  Gómez-Soberón, J.M., 2002. Porosity of recycled concrete with substitution of recycled concrete aggregate: an experimental study. Cement and concrete research, 32(8), pp. 1301-1311.
-  Poon, C.S. and Chan, D., 2006. Paving blocks made with recycled concrete aggregate and crushed clay brick. Construction and building materials, 20(8), pp. 569-577.
-  Oikonomou, N.D., 2005. Recycled concrete aggregates. Cement and concrete composites, 27(2), pp. 315-318.
-  Yang, J., Du, Q. and Bao, Y., 2011. Concrete with recycled concrete aggregate and crushed clay bricks. Construction and Building Materials, 25(4), pp. 1935-1945.
-  Poon, C.S. and Chan, D., 2006. Feasible use of recycled concrete aggregates and crushed clay brick as unbound road sub-base. Construction and building materials, 20(8), pp. 578-585.
-  Rao, A., Jha, K.N. and Misra, S., 2007. Use of aggregates from recycled construction and demolition waste in concrete. Resources, conservation and Recycling, 50(1), pp. 71-81.
-  De Oliveira, M.B. and Vazquez, E., 1996. The influence of retained moisture in aggregates from recycling on the properties of new hardened concrete. Waste management, 16(1-3), pp. 113-117.
-  Katz, A., 2003. Properties of concrete made with recycled aggregate from partially hydrated old concrete. Cement and concrete research, 33(5), pp. 703-711.
Publication order reference