Overview of Military Operations of US Arms Forces During the First Gulf War
Languages of publication
The purpose of this papers is analysis for military actions conducted by US Arms Force during Desert Storm operation in Iraq. This concern gives insight into new US attempt for military operations outside national borders following conclusions from unsuccessful military campaign in Vietnam. After 1989, US made more brave political decisions for participation in solving worldwide concerns. Origin for such state of affairs was gradual “Soviet Imperium breakdown”, that was general challenge for American foreign policy and safety. The United States began introducing New World Order vision in last decade of the twentieth century, that was created by G.H. Bush. American army obtained the role of executor in the performance of settled assumptions. The first military test was Saddam Hussein and Iraq.
-  D. Robert Worley, Orchestrating the Instruments of Power: A Critical Examination of the U.S. National Security System, Potomac Books Press, University of Nebraska (2015), pp. 62-63.
-  Stephen Tanner, WARS OF THE BUSHES: A Legacy Betrayed and the Geopolitical Decline of the New World, Casemate, Havertown (2006), p. 44.
-  Resolution 678 (1990), Adopted by the Security Council at its 2963rd meeting on 29 November 1990, S/RES/0678 (1990), 29 November 1990.
-  Frank N. Schubert, Theresa L. Kraus, The whirlwind war: the United States Army in operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm, St. John's Press, Washington D.C. 2016, p. 25.
-  Harold P. Myers, Nighthawks over Iraq: A chronology of the F-117A Stealth Fighter in operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm, Special Study: 37FW/H0-91-1, Office of History Headquarters 37 TFW Fighter Wing Twelfth Air Force Tactical Air Command, p. 3.
-  Xavier Jackson, Top Gun Dogfights Are a Thing of the Past and Here's Why, [w:] http://modernnotion.com/top-gun-dogfights-are-a-thing-of-the-past-and-heres-why/ (28.01.2017).
-  John T. Corell, The Strategy of Desert Storm. Air Force-Magazine, 01 (2006) 32-33
-  Alberto Bin, Richard Hill, Archer Jones, Desert Strorm. A forgotten war, Praeger, Westport 1998, pp. 88-90.
-  Richard Lowry, THE GULF WAR CHRONICLES: A Military History of the First War with Iraq, iUniverse Star, Lincoln 2008, p. 8, p.186.
-  Norman Schwarzkopf, It Doesn't Take a Hero: The Autobiography of General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, Bantam Books, New York 1993, pp. 492-494.
-  Harvey M. Sapolsky, Eugene Gholz, Caitlin Talmadge, US Defense Politics: The Origins of Security Policy, Routledge, Abingdon 2017, p. 63.
-  Jean Baudrillad, La guerre du Golfe n'a pas eu lieu, Galilee, Paris 1991, p. 26.
Publication order reference