Influence of different methods of fertilizer application on the growth of maize (Zea mays L.). for increase production in south Nigeria
Languages of publication
The study was conducted to determine the influence of different methods of fertilizer application on the growth of maize (Zea mays L.) at the Teaching and Research Farm, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, Cross River University of Technology. Maize seed variety Ikom Local White were treated to one level of NPK (15:15:15) fertilizer (0.128 kg ha-1) and four methods of fertilizer application (Broadcasting, Ring Application, Hole Application and Liquid Application). The experiment was laid out in a Randomized Complete Block Design (RCBD). The treatments were replicated four times to give a total of sixteen field plots. The result obtained indicated that NPK (15:15:15) significantly (p< 0.05) increase growth parameters (plant height and number of leaves) of maize obtained at 0.128 kg ha-1 and Ring method of application seems appropriate for maize production at 1 m spacing between plants on bed.
-  J. L. Brebaker, University of Hawii Press Ltd. (2003) 141-152.
-  IITA, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (2014).
-  M. O. Akande, F. I. Oluwatoyinbo, E. A. Makinde, A. S. Adepoju, I. S. Adepoju, Nature and Science 8(11) (2010) 261-266.
-  B. J. Amiyoyegbe, J. T. Opabode, A. Olayinka, African Journal of Biotechnology 6(16) (2007) 1869-1873.
-  J. A. Adediran, V. A. Banjoko, Soil Sci. Plant Anal. 26 (1995) 593-606.
-  K. D. Subedi, B. L. Ma, Crop Science Journal (2005) 45 (2005) 2246-2257.
-  Anonymous, Food and Agriculture Organization, Rome, 2000, pp. 35-38.
-  T. W. Katsvairo, W. J. Cox, M. Glos, Agronomy Journal 95 (2003) 1012-1022.
-  A. S. Arain, S. Alam, A. K. G. Tunio, Journal of Agriculture (1989) 5: 623-626.
-  M. S. Khan, N. Jan, I. Uillah, M. Younas, H. Ullah, Sarhad Journal of Agriculture 23 (2007) 4.
-  CRADP, Cross River Agricultural Development Project, Cross River State Government Press (1992).
-  S. O. Omotoso, O. S. Shittu, International Journal of Agricultural Research 2(7) (2007) 614-619.
-  A. O. Olufolaji, A. A., K. O. Alasiri, Plant Science Journal 3 (2002) 73-80.
Publication order reference