FORMATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF SUCCINOYL CHITOSAN PARTICLES LOADED WITH WARNERIN
Languages of publication
This study aims to obtain nanoparticles based on succinoyl chitosan loaded with Warnerin (War-SCNPs), low molecular weight cationic peptide. The nanoparticles of succinoyl chitosan (SCNPs) were prepared by salt coacervation method, and Warnerin loading efficiency on SCNPs was reached 75% in the optimum conditions, particularly, ration (SCNPs : peptide) was equal to (1.75 : 1, μg / ml ). Formed War-SCNPs were stable, had a weak electric charge from (-4.4) to (-14,6) mV. Determining of SCNPs size showed that a main fraction of SCNPs had the size of 160 nm, and after the peptide sorption War-SCNPs size increased up to 330 nm. The experimental data of this study will likely impact War-SCNPs use as therapeutic delivery systems of the peptide to be administered parenteral.
- 1. Sonia T.A., Chandra P. Sh.; (2011) Chitosan and Its Derivatives for Drug Delivery Perspective. Adv Polym Sci., Vol. 243, 23–54,
- 2. Sailaja A. K., Amareshwar P., Chakravarty P.; (2010) Chitosan nanoparticles as a drug delivery system. RJPBCS, Vol. 1, Issue 3, 475-484.
- 3. Biswas S., Kumar S. K, Roy D., Kumar S. M. (2014) Chitosan-based particulate system for oral vaccine delivery: a review. Int. J. Pharm., Vol. 4, 226-236.
- 4. Yadav S., Kumari A., Yadav R.; (2011) Development of peptide and protein nanotherapeutics by nanoencapsulation and nanobioconjugation. Peptides, Vol. 32, 173–187, DOI: 10.1016/j.peptides.2010.10.003
- 5. Trapani A., Lopedota A., Franco M., et al.; (2010) A comparative study of chitosan and chitosan/cyclodextrin nanoparticles as potential carriers for the oral delivery of small peptides. Eur J Pharm Biopharm, Vol. 75, 26–32, DOI:10.1016/j.ejpb.2010.01.010
- 6. Jiang T., James R., Kumbar S. G., Laurencin C. T.; (2014) Chitosan as a Biomaterial: Structure, Properties, and Applications in Tissue Engineering and Drug Delivery. In: Kumbar S.G. (ed), Natural and Synthetic Biomedical Polymers, Elsevier, Burlington, USA, 91-113,
- 7. Amidi M., Mastrobattista E., Jiskoot W., Hennink W.E.; (2010) Chitosan-based delivery systems for protein therapeutics and antigens. Adv Drug Deliver Rev, Vol. 62, 59–82, DOI:10.1016/j.addr.2009.11.009
- 8. Aiping Z., Tian C., Lanhua Y., Hao W., Ping L.; (2006) Synthesis and characterization of N-succinyl-chitosan and its self-assembly of nanospheres. Carbohyd Polym, Vol. 66, 274–279, DOI:10.1016/j.carbpol.2006.03.014
- 9. Korobov V.P., Lemkina L.M., Polyudova T.V., Akimenko V.K.; (2010) Isolation and characterization of a new low-molecular antibacterial peptide of the lantibiotics family. Microbiology, Vol. 79, 206-215,
- 10. Ilina A.V., Zubareva A.A., Kurek D.V., Levov A.N., Varlamov V.P.; (2012) Nanoparticles based on succinylchitosan with doxorubicin: preparation and properties. Nanotechnologies in Russia, Vol. 7, 85-92,
- 11. Soppimath K.S., Aminabhavi T.M., Kulkarni A.R., Rudzinski.W.E.; (2001) Review. Biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles as drug delivery devices. J Control Release, Vol. 70, 1–20, PII: S0168-3659(00)00339-4
Publication order reference