Eco-Philosophy in education for sustainable development
Languages of publication
One of the most important problems of the present day is the safety of the existence of a human being and his or her cultural, civilizational and environmental existence. The idea about what should be done in order to guarantee the safe existence of species is the reason for the discussion within the broad circles of those dealing with science and also philosophy, and in particular eco-philosophy. It is eco-philosophy that truly focuses on substantiating the ways of thinking as well as the rules governing the committed and well-thought actions related to the environmental protection. Educational initiatives for sustainable development are open to the influence of eco-philosophy. Therefore, the need to fill educational strategies and programs with the subtle philosophical “matter”, expressed in the form of values and related behavioral norms, opens a significantly large space for eco-philosophers and the eco-philosophy itself. It needs to be emphasized that the relation between the education for sustainable development and the activities aimed at strengthening the structures of the civil society creates additional interest on the part of numerous social entities as regards the philosophical discourse.
-  Boyars M., Eco-Philosophy. Designing New Tactics for Living, Boston – London, 1981.
-  Butryna S., Selected aspects of the philosophy of natural sciences, Polish Academy of Sciences Publishing House, the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Warsaw 1991.
-  Dołęga J. M., The philosophy of environmental protection sciences and ecological culture, Studia Philosophiae Christianae 36/2, (2000), 67-79
-  Dowd M., “arrrrrthspirit, Twenty-Third Publications, Mystic, Connecticut 1990.
-  Evolutionary Illuminations [in:] The Desire to be Human: a Global Reconnaissance of Human Perspectives in an Age of Transformation in Honour of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, [in:] International Teilhard Compendium: Centenary Vol, Mirananda Publishers b.v. Wassenaar, Netherlands, 1983, 58
-  Falkowska E., Rudzińska K., The dispute about the outmost good, Warsaw University of Technology Publishing House, Warsaw 2000, 29.
-  Gibas M. Smith, Deep Ecology. Living as if Nature Mattered, Inc. 1985.
-  Globalization and Postmodern Values, [in:] The Washington Quarterly, Winter 2000, 215-228. https://csis-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/legacy_files/files/publication/twq_00Winter_inglehart.pdf
-  Gołaszewska M., The esthetics of reality, PAX Publishing House, Warsaw 1984, 203.
-  Heidegger M., Sein und Zeit, Max Niemeyer, Tubingen 1927, 100.
-  Holse V., Philosophie der oekologischen Krise, München 1994.
-  Hull Z., Economy and ecology vs. the future of humankind, [in:] Around eco-philosophy, A. Papuziński, Z. Hull (ed.), Kazimierz Wielki University Publishing House, Bydgoszcz 2001.
-  Inglehart R., Modernization and Postmodernization, Princeton University Press, Princeton 1997.
-  Kaufman W., No Turning Back Dismantling the Fantasies of Environmental Thinking, New York 1994.
-  Kwieciński Z., The elements and aspects of education. The need for a comprehensive approach, [in:] Sociologization – personality – education, H. Muszyński (ed.), Adam Mickiewicz University of Poznań Publishing House, Poznań 1989.
-  Monod J., Le hazard et la neccessite, essai sur philosophie naturelle de la biologie moderne, ed. Du Seuil, Paris 1970, 53.
-  Papuziński A., Philosophy of sustainable development as a sub-discipline of philosophical research. Eco-development and related problems, 2007, vol. 2, no. 2
-  Philips E., Crisis in Atmosphere: The greenhouse factor, D. B. Clark and Co. Phoenix 1990.
-  Piątek Z., The philosophical foundation of sustainable development, [in:] Eco-development and related problems, Annals, Vol. 2, no. 2, Polish Academy of Sciences Publishing House, Man and Environment Committee, 2007, pp. 5-13.
-  Singh V., Eco-philosophy seen from the Himalayas, [in:] Around eco-philosophy, A. Papuziński, Z. Hull (ed.), Kazimierz Wielki University Publishing House, Bydgoszcz 2001, 65-72.
-  Skolimowski, Living Philosophy, Pusty Obłok Publishing House, Warsaw 1993, 94.
-  Skolomowski H., A Sacred Place to Dwell, Rockport (USA) 1989.
-  Skolomowski H., Eco-Philosophy and Deep Ecology. The Ecologist 1988, vol. 18, no. 4/4, p. 125
-  Sobczyk W., Ecological and pro-health education, WNAP, Cracow 2001.
-  Teilhard de Chardin P., Le phenomene humain, Paris 1947.
-  Tyburski W., „Man and nature from the eco-philosophical perspective, [in:] Humanities and natural sciences. Interdisciplinary philosophical and scientific annals, University of Warmia and Mazury Publishing House, Olsztyn 2008.
-  Whitehead A. N., Adventures of Ideas, 1932, III, 15
Publication order reference