Comparative analysis of selected wastewater treatment plants
Languages of publication
The article presents the classification of wastewater treatment plants and indicates the types of processes occurring during wastewater treatment. The purpose of the article is to get acquainted with the functioning as well as technical and economic differences of biological and mechanical-biological wastewater treatment plant. The author also made a comparative analysis containing a list of wastewater treatment efficiency in the presented treatment plants, as well as compared economic aspects necessary for the operation of these treatment plants.
-  Salgot, M., et al. Wastewater reuse and risk: definition of key objectives. Desalination 2006, vol. 187.1-3, pp. 29-40.
-  Gücker, Björn, Mario Brauns, and Martin T. Pusch.: Effects of wastewater treatment plant discharge on ecosystem structure and function of lowland streams. Journal of the North American Benthological Society 2006, vol. 25.2, pp. 313-329.
-  Hossain, Mustafa K., et al.: Influence of pyrolysis temperature on production and nutrient properties of wastewater sludge biochar. Journal of Environmental Management 2011, vol. 92.1, pp. 223-228.
-  Singh, K. P., Malik, A., Mohan, D., Sinha, S., & Singh, V. K. Chemometric data analysis of pollutants in wastewater—a case study. Analytica Chimica Acta 2005, vol. 532(1), pp.15-25
-  Werle, Sebastian, and Ryszard K. Wilk: A review of methods for the thermal utilization of sewage sludge: The Polish perspective. Renewable Energy 2010, vol. 35.9, pp. 1914-1919.
-  Kuang, Qi-Jun, Zhen-Yu Hu, and Yi-Cheng Xia. Application of biotechnology to wastewater treatment. Resources and Environment in the Yangtze Basin 2003, vol. 12.3, pp. 259-264
-  Meneses, M., et al. Life cycle assessment as an environmental evaluation tool for control strategies in wastewater treatment plants. Journal of Cleaner Production 2015, vol.107, pp. 653-661
-  Oturan, Mehmet A. and Jean-Jacques Aaron. Advanced oxidation processes in water/wastewater treatment: principles and applications. A review. Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology 2014, vol. 44.23, pp. 2577-2641.
-  Ju, Feng, and Tong Zhang. Bacterial assembly and temporal dynamics in activated sludge of a full-scale municipal wastewater treatment plant. The ISME journal 2015, vol. 9.3, pp. 683.
-  Christensen, Morten Lykkegaard, et al. Dewatering in biological wastewater treatment: a review. Water research 2015, vol. 82, pp. 14-24.
-  Álvarez-Gallego, Carlos José, et al. Thermochemical pretreatments of organic fraction of municipal solid waste from a mechanical-biological treatment plant. International journal of molecular sciences 2015, vol. 16.2, pp. 3769-3782.
-  Brix, H. Wastewater treatment in constructed wetlands: system design, removal processes, and treatment performance. Constructed wetlands for water quality improvement 1993, pp. 9-22.
-  Chen, Guohua. Electrochemical technologies in wastewater treatment. Separation and Purification Technology 2004, vol. 38.1, pp. 11-41.
-  Cydzik-Kwiatkowska, Agnieszka, and Magdalena Zielińska. Bacterial communities in full-scale wastewater treatment systems. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 2016, vol. 32.4, pp. 66.
-  Cong, Vo Huu, et al. Recent developments in electrochemical technology for water and wastewater treatments. Journal of Water and Environment Technology 2016, vol. 14.2 pp. 25-36.
-  Ibiam Ntachiobi Ama, Godfry E. Nwajei, P. O. Agbaire, Distribution of Trace Elements in Surface Water and Sediments from Warri River in Warri, Delta State of Nigeria. World News of Natural Sciences 11 (2017) 65-82
-  M. I. M. Kaleel, Eco Tourism as a Way for Biodiversity Conservation: A Study Based on Trincomalee District in Sri Lanka. World News of Natural Sciences 12 (2017) 82-91
-  Gunter Wriedt, Marijn Van der Velde, Alberto Aloe, Fayçal Bouraoui. Estimating irrigation water requirements in Europe. Journal of Hydrology Volume 373, Issues 3–4, 15 July 2009, Pages 527-544.
-  Janusz Wilas, Beata Draszawka-Bołzan, Piotr Daniszewski, Emil Cyraniak. Wastewater treatment technologies. World News of Natural Sciences 4 (2016) 33-43
Publication order reference