Study of Some Optical Properties of Polystyrene - Copper Nanocomposite Films
Languages of publication
The effect of addition of nano Cu on some optical properties of polystyrene has been studied. For this purpose, many samples have been prepared by adding nano Cu to the polystyrene with different Weight percentages and different thickness. The absorption spectra have been recorded at the wavelength ranges (220-800 nm). The absorption coefficient, extinction coefficient and energy gap of the indirect allowed and forbidden transition have been determined. Results show that the absorption coefficient and extinction coefficient increase and the energy gap of the indirect allowed and forbidden transition decreases with the wt. % content of nano Cu.
-  P. J. Josmin, S. K. Malhotra, S. Thomas, K. Joseph, Koichi Goda, and M. S. Sreekal, "Advances in Polymer Composites Polymer Composites", 1st Ed., Published by (Wiley-VCH ) Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Vol. 1, (2012).
-  S. C. Tjong and Y. W. Mai, "Physical properties and applications of polymer nanocomposites", Woodhead Publishing Limited, ISBN: 97-80857090249, (2010).
-  V. Mittal, "Optimization of Polymer, Nanocomposites Properties", (Wiley-VCH), ISBN: 978-3-527-32521-4, p. 440, (2010).
-  G. Akovali , "Hand Book of Composites Fabrication", Ankara, (2001).
-  B. G. Streeman, "Solid State Electronic Devices", 2nd Ed, Practice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, (1980).
-  S.M. Sze and Ng. Kwok, "Physics of Semiconductor Devices", 3rd Ed., (2006).
-  K. Gabur ," Preparation and Study the Electrical and Optical Properties of (PS-Ni) Composites", M.Sc. Thesis, Babylon University, College of Science, (2010).
-  V. N. Reddy, K.S. Rao , M.C Subha and K. C. Rae, "Miscibility Beha-vior Of Dextrin/PVA Blends In Water at 35 ºC", International Conference on Advances in Polymer Technology, India, Feb. 26-27, pp. 356-368, (2010).
-  S. Chiad , "Optical and Structural Properties of (SnO2) Doped by Flourine Irradiated by Gamma Rays", M.Sc. Thesis, College of Science for Women, Baghdad University, (2005).
-  R.W.G. Wyckoff, "Crystal Structures", Wiley, Vol. 1, New York, (1963).
-  A. Ahmed, A. Awatif and A. Zeid, "Dopping Effect on Optical Constants of (PMMA)". Eng and Technology, Vol. 25, No. 4, (2007).
-  M.H. AL-humairi, "Study the Optical and Electrical Properties of (PVA-Ag) and (PVA-TiO2) Nanocomposites", M.Sc. Thesis, University of Babylon, College of Education for Pure Sciences, (2013).
-  Caixia Kan, Changshun Wang, Jiejun Zhu and Hongchen Li, "Formation of Gold and Silver Nanostructures within Polyvinylpyrollidone (PVP) Gel". J. of Solid State Chemistry, 183 (2010) 858-865.
-  Suman Mahendia, A.K. Tomara, and Shyam Kumar, "Electrical Conductivity and Dielectric Spectroscopic Studies of PVA – Ag Nanocomposite Films" , J. of Alloys and Compounds, 508 (2011) 406-411.
-  Iviaeva, T. Yovcheva, S. Sainov, V. Dragostinova and S. Stavrev, "Optical Properties of PVA Films with Diamond and Titania Nanoparticles", J. Phys. Conf. Ser., 253(1) (2010) 20-27.
Publication order reference