Reducing Creep Rate of polypropylene's by Soaking Solid solutions of CaCO3
Languages of publication
The creep behavior of Polypropylene and Polypropylene/Calcium Carbonate were investigated by tested them at different concentration of Calcium carbonate filler (filler addition is done by soaked pp samples in CaCO3 solution) at different temperatures. A dramatically changed in the FTIR was observed when pp soaked in CaCO3 solution comparing with pristine one. It was found that the creep rate was lowered comparing to the pure Polypropylene. The Creep behavior of the polymer formed was observed to increase with increase in temperature and stress, Calcium carbonate enhanced creep rate and rapture time.
-  Study of the Effect of Weathering in Natural Environment on Polypropylene and Its Composites: Morphological and Mechanical Properties, Mashael Al-Shabanat, International Journal of Chemistry, 3 1(2011) 129-141.
-  Synthesis of Degradable Bio-Composites Based on Recycle Polypropylene Filled with Bamboo Powder Using a Reactive Process, Neng Sri Suharty1, Basuki Wirjosentono, Maulidan Firdaus, Desi S. Handayani, Jamilatus Sholikhah1, and Yuniarni A. Maharani, Journal of Physical Science, 19(2) (2008) 105-115.
-  Effects of Maleic Anhydride on the Mechanical Properties and Morphology of Wheat Straw Fibre Reinforced Polypropylene, Obele Chizoba M., Ishidi Edith, and Odera Raphael S., Journal of Innovative Research in Engineering and Sciences 3(1) (2012) 412-420.
-  Pukansky B. and Moczo J., Morphology and Properties of Particulate Filled Polymers. Macromol Symp, 214 (2004) 115-134.
-  Miyake A. A., Note on the Molecular Theory of Viscoelasticity of Polymers. J Polym Sci. 26(113) (1957) 239-240.
-  Morton-Jones G.J., Polymer Processing. Springer, 1989
-  Zezin Y.P. Conditions of the Ductile-Brittle Transition in Failure of Polymer Materials. Mech. Composite Mater, 24(5) (1988) 579-585.
-  Passman S.L. Stress-Relaxation, Creep, Failure and Hysteresis in a Linear Elastic Material with Voids. J Elasticity 14(2) (1984) 201-212.
-  R.C. Giffins, Diffusional creep mechanisms, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 51(2) (1968) 69-72.
-  L.T. Dame, D.C. Stouffer, inelastic deformation of metals models, mechanical properties, and metallurgy, John Willey & Sons (1996).
-  H.D. Chandler, Determination of parameters for thermally activated glide from stress- strain curves at different temperatures and strain rates, Metallurgical Transaction 19(12) (1988) 2975-2978.
-  Meyers and Chawla, Mechanical behavior of materials, Prentice Hall, Inc. (1999).
-  R.A. Higgins, "Engineering Metallurgy", Elsevier. Ltd, 6th edition, (1998).
-  William D.C, Jr., and David G. R, Materials Science and Engineering An Introduction, 8th edition, John Wiley and Sons, (2010).
Publication order reference