Test of Gamma Radiation in Synthetic Water Absorbed Rubber
Languages of publication
The aim of this research is to study the effect of the nuclear spectrum that is found in a new synthetic belt manufactured from a rubber composite with water and salt absorbed proprieties suitable for medical, sport and everyday wear. Rubber pastes from Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR), were prepared in the laboratory by mixing different proportions. The hardness, time of swelling, mass and volume for pure NBR were measured, then four mixtures of (PEG-CMC) were added in the form of gels and powders as polymer composites to absorbed water by creating porosities inside the rubber. This model was examined by means of a sodium iodide detector in order to determine the proportion of radiation within the installation material. The results were all within the allowable limits globally.
-  J. Kahovec, R. B. Fox and K. Hatada. Nomenclature of regular single-strand organic polymers. Pure and Applied Chemistry, 74 (10) (2002) 1921-1956.
-  M. Bolca, M. M. Sac, B. Cokuysal, T. Karali, and E. Ekdal. Radioactivity in soils and various foodstuffs from the Gediz River Basin of Turkey. Radiation Measurements, 42(2) (2007) 263.
-  P. Kessaratikoon and S. Awaekechi. Natural radioactivity measurement in soil samples collected from Municipal area. Kmitl Science Technology Journal, Vol. 8, No. 2 (Section A) (2008).
-  K. M. Dabayneh, L. A. Mashal and F. I. Hasan. Radio- activity Concentration in Soil Samples in the Southern Part of the West Bank, Palestine. Radiation Protection Dosimetry, 131(2) (2008) 265-271.
-  N. Huy and T. Luyen. Study of External Exposure Doses from Terrestrial Radioactivity in Southern Vietnam. Radiation Protection Dosimetry, 118(3) (2005) 331-336.
-  K. M. Thabayneh and M. M. Jazzar. Natural Radioactivity Levels and Estimation of Radiation Exposure in Environmental Soil Samples from Tulkarem Province-Palestine. Open Journal of Soil Science, 2 (2012) 7-16.
-  Mohsin Kadhim Muttaleb Al-jnaby. Radon Concentration in Drinking Water Samples at Hilla city, Iraq. World Scientific News 52 (2016) 130-142.
-  Khalid Hussain Hatif, Mohsin Kadhim Muttaleb, Alyaa Hofdi Abass. Measurement of Radioactive Radon Gas Concentrations of Water in the schools for Kifel. World Scientific News 54 (2016) 191-201.
-  Laith Ahmed Najam, Sameera Ahmed Ebrahiem, Shaemaa Akram Abbas. Evaluation of natural radioactivity in Selected Soil Samples from the Archaeological of Ur City by using HPGe detector. World Scientific News 62 (2017) 79-92
-  A. O. Allen, C. J. Hochanadel, J. A. Ghormley, T. W. Davis. Decomposition of Water and Aqueous Solutions under Mixed Fast Neutron and γ-Radiation. J. Phys. Chem., 1952, 56 (5), pp 575–586, DOI: 10.1021/j150497a007
-  Jian-Ping Wang, Yong-Zhen Chen, Xue-Wu Ge, Han-Qing Yu. Gamma radiation-induced grafting of a cationic monomer onto chitosan as a flocculant. Chemosphere Volume 66, Issue 9, January 2007, Pages 1752-1757, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2006.06.072
-  Yusheng Liu, Shimou Chen, Lei Zhong, Guozhong Wu. Preparation of high-stable silver nanoparticle dispersion by using sodium alginate as a stabilizer under gamma radiation. Radiation Physics and Chemistry, Volume 78, Issue 4, April 2009, Pages 251-255, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radphyschem.2009.01.003
Publication order reference