Theoretical and practical dimension of the bicycle policy in the light sustainable development
Languages of publication
The article presents practical aspects of implementation of sustainable development assumptions in the city's cycling policy. Theoretical and practical dimension of selected innovative solutions was presented on the example of the city of Czestochowa. The aim of the article is to present a bicycle as an alternative means of transport in the city's logistics and to illustrate the challenges of cycling policy in contemporary cities.
-  Campbell, Scott, Green cities, growing cities, just cities?: Urban planning and the contradictions of sustainable development, Journal of the American Planning Association 1996, vol. 62.3, pp. 296-312.
-  Hargreaves, Tom, Practice-ing behaviour change: Applying social practice theory to pro-environmental behaviour change, Journal of consumer culture, vol. 11.1, pp. 79-99.
-  Harris, J. M. (2000). Basic principles of sustainable development. Dimensions of Sustainable Development; Seidler, R., Bawa, KS, Eds, pp. 21-41.
-  De Groot, Rudolf S., Matthew A. Wilson, and Roelof MJ Boumans, A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services, Ecological economics 2002, vol. 41.3, pp. 393-408.
-  Labuschagne, Carin, Alan C. Brent, and Ron PG Van Erck, Assessing the sustainability performances of industries, Journal of cleaner production 2005,vol. 13.4, pp. 373-385.
-  Kemp, René, Saeed Parto, and Robert B. Gibson, Governance for sustainable development: moving from theory to practice, International Journal of Sustainable Development 2005, vol. 8.1-2, pp. 12-30.
-  Scott, Allen, and Michael Storper, Regions, globalization, development, Regional studies 2003,vol. 37.6-7, pp. 579-593.
-  Dekker, Rommert, Jacqueline Bloemhof, and Ioannis Mallidis, Operations Research for green logistics–An overview of aspects, issues, contributions and challenges, European Journal of Operational Research 2012,vol. 219.3, pp. 671-679.
-  Goldman, Todd, and Roger Gorham, Sustainable urban transport: Four innovative directions. “Technology in socjety” 2006,vol. 28.1-2, pp. 261-273.
-  Midgley, Peter, The role of smart bike-sharing systems in urban mobility, Journeys 2009, vol. 2.1, pp. 23-31.
-  Fraser, Simon DS, and Karen Lock, Cycling for transport and public health: a systematic review of the effect of the environment on cycling, European journal of public health 2011, vol. 21.6, pp. 738-743.
Publication order reference