UV–Light assisted photocatalytic activity of Activated charcoal-TiO2 nanomaterial
Languages of publication
An activated charcoal-TiO2 Catalyst was synthesized via the precipitation method and sonication technique, and three dyes: Reactive Black 5 (RB 5), Rhodamine B (Rh B) and Napthol Blue Black (NBB) were used to assess the quality of the product under UV-Light. The nanomaterial was also characterized by High-resolution scanning electron microscopy (HR-SEM), elementary dispersive X-ray (EDX), photoluminescence spectroscopy (PL) and UV-Vis DRS. The photodegradation of the three dyes when exposed to this nanomaterial indicate the superior photocatalytic activity of RB 5 as compared to the other dyes. A mechanism is proposed for the higher activity of AC-TiO2 than that of TiO2 nanocomposite material. Overall, this nanocomposite material was found to be highly stable and reusable. The nanomaterial is also economically of very low cost.
-  H. K. Shon, S. Phuntsho and S. Vigneswaran, Desalin. Water Treat, 225, 235–248 (2008).
-  J. Kamalakkannan, V. L. Chandraboss, S. Prabha and S. Senthilvelan. RSC Adv, 5, 77000–77013 (2015)
-  H.K. Shon, S. Phuntsho, S. Vigneswaran, Desalin. Water Treat, 225, 235–248 (2008)
-  Jayaraman Kamalakkannan, Vijayaragavan Lenin Chandraboss, Selvaraj Prabha, Bala Karthikeyan, Sambandam Senthilvelan, Preparation and characterization of TiInVO6-nanomaterial using precipitation method and its multi applications. J Mater Sci: Mater Electron, 3/2016.
-  Alaei, A.R. Mahjoub, A. Rashidi, Iran J Chem Chem Eng. 2012, 31, 23–29
-  A. Mills, S. K. Lee, J Photochem Photobiol A Chem. 2002, 152, 233
-  J. Kamalakkannan, V.L. Chandraboss, B. Loganathan, S. Prabha, B. Karthikeyan, S. Senthilvelan, Appl. Nanosci. 2015, DOI: 10.1007/s13204-015-0474-y
-  J. S. Hu, L. L. Ren, Y. G. Guo, H. P. Liang, A. M. Cao, L. J. Wan and C. L. Bai, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2005, 44, 1269–1273.
-  B. Subash, B. Krishnakumar, R. Velmurugan, M. Swaminathan and M. Shanthi. Catal. Sci. Technol. 2012, 2, 2319–2326 231
-  N. Kannan and M.M. Sundaram, Dyes Pigm. 2001, 51, 25-40.
-  C. Namasivayam and D. Kavitha, Dyes Pigm. 2002, 54, 47-58.
-  P.K. Malik, Dyes Pigm. 2003, 56, 239-249.
-  Neppolian, B.; Wang, Q.; Yamashita, H.; Choi, H. Appl. Catal. A: Gen, 333, 264−271 (2007)
-  Swetha, S.; Balakrishna, R. G. Chin. J. Catal, 32, 789−794 (2011).
-  K. Ameta, P. Tak, D. Soni and S.C. Ameta, Sci. Rev. Chem. Commun., 2014, 4, 38–45.
Publication order reference