Wind Powered Electricity Generation Through Self Excited Induction Generator
Languages of publication
An iterative method is used to identify the saturated magnetizing reactance and the frequency of a self-excited induction generator for given capacitance, speed, and load in a systematic way. Under steady state, this procedure is effective in analyzing such systems. A correlation has been observed between the computational algorithm results & experimental outcomes. Under steady state condition, changes in various variables have been studies and the determination of the feasibility of such system is done.
-  Novotny, D.W., Critter, D.J. & Studtmann, G.H.: Self excitation in inverter driven induction machines. IEEE Trans. Power Appar. & Syst. 1977, 4, pp. 1117-1 125.
-  Ammasaigounden, N., Subbiah, M., and Krishnamurthy, M.R.: Wind driven self-excited pole-changing induction generators, IEE Proc. B, 1986, 133, (5), pp. 315-321.
-  Quazene, L., and McPherson, G., Jr.: Analysis of isolated induction generators. IEEE Trans. Power Appar. & Sysr. 1983, PAS-102. (S), pp. 2793-2798.
-  Elder, J.M., Boys, J.T., and Woodward, J.L.: Self-excited induction machine as a low-cost generator. IEE Proc C, 1984, 131, (2), pp. 33-45
-  Arrillage, J., and Watson, D.B.: Static power conversion from self excited induction generators. Proc. IEE, 1978, 125, (8). pp. 743-746
-  Watson, D.B., Arrillage, J., and Densem, T. Controllable DC power supply from wind driven self exnted induction machines. Proc. IEE, 1979, 126, (12), pp. 1245-1248
-  Brennen, M.B., and Abbondati, A.: Static exciters for induction generators. IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. 1977, IA-13, (5), pp. 422-428
-  Raina, G., and Malik, O.P.: Wind energy conversion using a self excited induction generator. IEEE Trans. Power Appar. & Syst. 1983, PAS-102, (12), pp. 3933-3936
-  Murthy, S.S., Malik, O.P., and Tandon, A.K. Analysis of self excited induction generators. Proc. IEEE C. 1982, 129, (6), pp. 264-265 .
-  Tandon, A.K., Murthy, S.S., and Berg, G.J.: Steady state analysis of capacitor self excited induction generators. IEEE Trans. Power Appar. & Syst. 1984, PAS-103, (3). pp. 612-618
-  Watson, D.B., and Milner, I.P.: Autonomous and parallel operation of self excited induction generators. Inc. J. Elerrr. Eng. Educ. 1985, 22, (4), pp. 365-374
-  Melkbeek, J.A.A., and Novotny, D.W.: Small signal dynamic analysis of regeneration and self excitation in induction machines. Electric Mach. Power Syst. 1983, 8, 4-9, pp. 259 -280
-  Melkbeek, J.A.A.: Magnetising field saturation and dynamic behaviour of induction machines. Part 2: stability limits of a voltage-fed induction motor and of a self-excited induction generator. Proc. IEE B, 1983, 130, (I), pp. 10-17
-  Murthy, S.S., Singh, B.P., Nagamani, C. and Satya Narayana K.V.V.: Studies on the use of conventional induction motor as self excited induction generators. IEEE Trans. Energy Conuers. 1988, 3, (4), pp. 842-848
-  Murthym, S.S., Nagraj, H.S., and Kuriyan, A.: Design based computational procedure for perormance prediction and analysis of self excited induction generator using motor design packages. Proc. IEE B, 1988, 135, pp. 8-16
-  Yatender Chaturvedi and Kanwarjit Singh Sandhu, Analysis of three-phase self-excited induction generator under unbalanced operations. International Journal of Energy Engineering, 3(3), pp. 200-207, 2013.
-  Yatender Chaturvedi and Kanwarjit Singh Sandhu. Design parameters of three-phase self-excited induction generator for desired performance under unbalanced operations. Journal of Power Electronics & Power Systems, Vol.4, Issue 1, pp. 1-12, 2014.
Publication order reference