Educational approaches, components and paradigms affecting reading; strategies for strengthening reading
Languages of publication
"Reading" is the ability to comprehend and use different writing forms which is necessary and valuable for the individual and the society as a whole. Students having problem with reading and its comprehension need education which would help them get actively engaged in material and deal with renewed reconstruction and the ability to form learning reading. The main objective of this article was to present strategies based on effective educational paradigms, components and approaches for development and reinforcing reading. The methodology in this article was descriptive-analytical; training reading and its development depends on previous stages where these stages get united together and result in development in reading so that not only the problems of the people having problem with reading to be resolved but also it is possible for them to demonstrate their own genus in different fields. These stages need the skill of the therapist, efforts by the clients and collaboration on the part of parents of the clients. The research findings reveal that strategies for the teaching process of students' reading having problem can be examined in two parts of "background strategies" and effective "educational strategies". In regards to the background strategies part: understanding the instructor of his own abilities in creating motivation, the performance in application of fundamental principles and theories and also understanding health background, individual abilities and learning reading by students prior to entrance and upon entrance to education. Within the effective educational strategies part: concentration on education is based on two major reading components of "Word recognition" and "Reading comprehension". Concerning education of strategy for the component of word recognition: Phonology, phenomenology, decoding, combination of textual signs, matching of letter and terms with voices and word recognition approaches were applied. To train reading comprehension, such strategies as: word recognition, fixation, thinking, multi way, activation of previous knowledge, repeated reading and practice, retelling (RAP), and evaluation could be cited. The most significant paradigms offered are: Carrilo’s pyramid, Word detection, Alkonin, KWL paradigm, SE paradigm, Atiks and Carplus learning cycle-Sq3r Robinson, Bryant assessment and closing style.
-  Poorafkari, N. (1995). Classification of disorders, Tehran: Azade Publication.
-  Tabrizi, L. (2010). Treatment of reading disorders, Fifth edition, Tehran: Fararavan publication.
-  Lotfi, H. (2015). Strategies for strengthening weakness f first grade students, Research in action.
-  Jafari, A. (2014). Effective learning and teaching, Tehran: Reviewed publication.
-  Khalili, S. (2011). Children's behavioral problems, Tehran: Peidayeesh publication.
-  Karl, H. D. (1999). Prevention and treatment of reading problems, Tr. By Nimtaj Zarrin Ghala, Tehran: Khaje Publication.
-  Sangari, M. R., & Safari Alizade, F. (2006). Training Reading, Tehran: Abouata publication.
-  Seyf, S. (2009). Psychology of growth , Tehran: SAMT publication.
-  Seyf, S. (2001). Learning inabilities, Tehran: Nor Kazem publication.
-  Shahalizade, M. (2014). Educational paradigm of SE, Revised paper.
-  Sharifi, H. (2003). Training linguistic abilities, Tehran: Lohe Zarrin publication.
-  Shabani, H. (1996). Educational and training skills (Teaching styles and manners), Tehran: Ministry of Education.
-  Ghasemi Pooya, E. (2003). Manual for Resaerch in action, Tehran: Education faculty publication.
-  Toosi, B. (1996). Reading skills, Mashhad: Tarane publication.
-  Karimi, A. A. (2008). Reports of Pirlz national and international results, Tehran: Ministry of Education.
-  Loren, J. (2005). Learning defects; theories, diagnosis and teaching strategies, Tr. By Danesh Esmat, Tehran: Shahid Beheshti University publication.
Publication order reference